33 : War

A woman looking to the sky, with her solemn eyes. Sitting in a Cleopatra chair, laying half of her body while the upper part is leaning on the window. Wearing a white gown dressed like a goddess. Her charming and alluring appearance will make any man lose their mind. 

"Asteri." A mellow voice called her. She slowly lifted her eyes to look at the man who has taken her captive in this tower. Shackled by magic, she couldn't use her abilities to break free. 

"I came to give you news." The man smiled at her and tried to touch her gorgeous face but she just avoids his hands and glared at him. 

"Don't touch me." 

"Fierce, as always." He commented and continues to smile. "Skotadi has to prepare to go on to war. Seems like that vampires are launching an attack on the lycans." 

"What?" Her eyes widened as she heard the news. "What happened?!"

"Hmm, you look excited. I like it when you look alive." 

"Tell me what happened Hades!" She screams as she started to get anxious not knowing what is going on in her land. 

"Calm down, Queen Asteri. I don't have an idea as well. But based on my intel, lycans have taken an important person from the vampires. Bride of Ares, the prince of vampires, your son. I presume."

"Bride of Ares?" She wrinkled her forehead. She's been gone for so many years. Caged to the land of Fos on the castle of Hades, King of Seraph. 

"Yes, but here's the interesting part. That bride was also linked to the lycans. Whether it was Prince Zeus or Prince Cronus, she is considered as their alpha...I don't know. Some say she's the co-existence of the vampires and lycans."

"W-what? What did you say?" 

"Co-existence. I heard she's the daughter of Prince Fengari but has vampire blood." Asteri loses her strength, her knees weakened as she almost fell on the floor but Hades caught her. 

"Hey, don't fall like that, you might get hurt." He said concern creasing his brow while staring at her dumbfounded expression.

"Hades, Hades, I'm begging you. L-let me go. I-I need to go b-back. Hades..." She grasped his clothes and started to cry. 

That's... that's her daughter. The daughter she had left in the unknown world right after she's been born! She knew that is her daughter! 

Hades was bewilderment seeing Asteri beg to him like this. She's been his captive, his canary for almost twenty years. Yet, she has never bowed down until today. Her crying face was so enticing that he almost lost his breath. 

He found her, twenty years ago at the port of Fos. She was in a bad state. At first, he did not recognize who she was. But he chooses to bring her with him to his palace because of her beautiful appearance although she's not in her good condition. 

After some days, when she recovered, the first thing she did was to look for something. Asking him about a baby. But he saw no baby that time. Then, she has entered a depressive state. While she's not in her right mind. Hades has found out her true identity. 

Queen of vampires, Asteri. Who has run away from her King after loving him unconditionally then was paid by humiliation?? By that time, Hades has been ruling his kingdom alone. Had already been fond of Asteri. He doesn't her to return to the Skotadi. 

It took some time before she finally collected herself. And when she asked him if he could return her, of course, he said no. Since then, they have played mouse and cat games. Where he chased and she ran away. In the end, Hades got tired of chasing, the literal chase, and just traps her in the tower where she cannot use her vampire's ability.