Chapter 24

Oblivion is euphoric.

The fog clears from my mind. My thoughts seem more distinct than before.

The blackness fades and my vision return. Shapes are sharper. Colours brighter.

The tingle of magic running over my body, usually dull when I'm not actively using it and already heightened by All Hallows, is even stronger than before. I feel amazingly powerful.

I don't know why everyone warns against falling into a magic oblivion. They say it's dangerous. You're not yourself. You don't think clearly. They're wrong; I feel the best I've been since coming to Earth.

"How are you feeling?" A concerned Liam asks.

I giggle. What's he so concerned about? The assassin's been dealt with. "I feel great. Come party with me. Both of you." I grab Liam's wrist with one hand and Isaac's wrist with my other. They both look horrified. I giggle again.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea." Isaac says.

I stop and stare at him. "Why not?" I pout.

"Your emotions are out of whack. You need to come back from oblivion. I know you feel great now, but you'll thank me for it later if you come back to us."

"But I'm already here." I'm confused.

Liam swears. I giggle.

"Come. Party." I head towards the campus club, Nite Life, dragging the boys behind me. They reluctantly follow, whispering too quietly for me to understand their secretive conversation.

Inside Nite Life, I stop abruptly, staring around in amazement. Pretty rainbow lights illuminate the otherwise dark room. Cobwebs dangle over the walls and ceiling. Pumpkins carved with detailed faces surround a DJ booth on a platform at the other end of the large room. The music floats through my ears and pumps through my blood. It sounds intoxicating.

Liam tries to tell me something, but I don't hear him. Letting go of the boys I dragged here, I weave my way through the crowd. I hope Liam and Isaac follow.

"Megan! Zoey!" I shout when I find them.

"Hey, Ally!" Megan replies, face beaming.

Zoey smiles briefly at me in acknowledgement, but she's too busy grinding between two guys to say much to me. Good for her. I leave her to her fun and instead talk to Megan.

"Do you not have anyone to dance with?" I ask her.

"I've danced with a few people tonight. How was the treasure hunt?"

The treasure hunt must've slipped my mind since leaving the theatre. Whoops. "I don't know. I have to look behind."

"Behind where?"

"Behind the party. Somewhere here." I gaze around the room slowly, trying to find the final stash of sweets.

"Are you drunk?" Megan eyes me suspiciously.

I giggle. "No. But that's a good idea." I bump into someone as I turn towards the bar.

"I have to disagree." I look up into Isaac's sparkling sapphire eyes.

"I want a drink." I attempt to move past him, but he blocks my way. How dare he? "Rude." I complain.

"Nice wings Isaac." Megan compliments. I think she's trying to distract him for me. "You look like a warrior angel with that hole in them."

I take my opportunity to run. I manage to get past Isaac, but his arms ensnare my waist, pulling me back to him. Why do I need a drink when I've got a man holding on to me so tightly? I begin grinding against him. He doesn't grind back, but he doesn't stop me either. I feel his body respond to my movements.