Ø4

15×05

Aurora had just arrived at the hospital after leaving Audree at Meredith's place. She had the day off and she thought that it would be fun to have her along with her kids, so they could play together. Zola loved having another baby with her, she loved being the big sister. Aurora only hoped that their kids were going to have the relationship she had with their father growing up.

She needed reasons to actually be in Seattle and that was one of them. She had only two for the moment. It both included her daughter. Because when it concerned her relationships with the people in Seattle she just wanted to disappear. Only because of Jackson and no one else of course. She loved having Amelia and Meredith and Jo. 

When Jackson left she was only constantly getting more and more angry at him. Not because he disappeared out of nowhere, he obviously needed that and she wasn't going to keep it against him. But because of what he had said at the voicemail. She was angry that he couldn't make up his mind about anything. She was angry that he could so easily ask her to get a divorce and then so easily take it back. She left like he was playing with her feelings, which he wasn't, she knew better than that. He wasn't doing any of that in purpose. It didn't matter though, she was still frustrated at him. 

"Shit." Aurora mumbled as she was locking the doors at her car. She noticed Jackson pulling up right next to her. He was supposedly taking a small break from him trip because he had met a boy that needed his help. She thought about getting back in her car and speeding away. But she was more mature than that. She knew that Jackson had already spotted her.

"Hey." He gave her a small smile as he walked out of the car. Aurora held her back tighter than before as he approached her. 

"Hi." She said lowly. She met him halfway and they started walking together towards the hospital.

It was silent for a few minutes, just the voices of people around them filling the atmosphere. Aurora could hear her heart beating so loudly. She wasn't sure if she had suddenly had heart problems or Jackson's presence was causing her being in distress. 

"Aren't you taking Audree at day care today?" He asked the first question for his daughter. 

"She's at Meredith's." Aurora cleared her throat when her voice was barely a whisper. She tried to pull herself together.

"Wasn't sure if you were reading any of my texts." During the days he was away, he always made sure to keep in touch with her. Asking her about Audree and herself. He was sending her stories from his trip. Just trying to be in her life. But Aurora was barely replying. It was unclear to her what their relationship was. What she was to him. Because she didn't felt married, she hadn't felt married since the moment she saw how he was with Maggie that day at the wedding. And that image was something she couldn't shake off her system.