ᵗʷᵉⁿᵗʸ ˢᵉᵛᵉⁿ

11×05

11×05

"Tell me something..." Jackson whispered as he took Aurora in his embrace, cuddling her. Their fingers were intertwined and their legs were tangled together. A blanket was covering their naked bodies. Aurora moved his hand tighter around her body as she just wanted to feel him close to her. "What is your biggest fear?" It was a usual thing for them to make deep discussions for hours after their intimate moments.

"It's cliché but my biggest fear is dying young." Aurora replied, her tone quiet.

"I know the best surgeons in the world. I'm not letting anything happen to you, ever." Jackson kissed the side of her head and could basically see Aurora smiling, even though it was dark and her back was turned on him.

"Do you want to hear the story of how this become my biggest fear? I am pretty sure you are going to make fun of me, but I want to share this with you."

"Tell me." Jackson turned her around gently so he could see her face.

"I went on a trip to Italy when I finished med school. And I was walking around one night, I was at Sicily. And a fortune-teller read my palm. She told me that I would die young, among other things." Aurora noticed the disbelief in Jackson's face. "I know you don't believe it, I don't truly believe either, but the fear of dying young had stuck in my head since that day. It was one of the reasons I went to Peru. I just wanted to do something important in my life."

"I did not expect that." Jackson chuckled. "I thought that it would be something dark behind this reason. Like you went through a disease as a kid or..." He paused, "what else did she tell you?"

"She said that I would meet the love of my life after a series of tragic events in my life." Her eyes pierced through his. "Guess she was right about that."

×××

Aurora was used to being caught up in the middle of people's arguments. She wasn't sure why people she loved always chose to put her in the awkward position of having to use a side. And lately things were getting more and more out of hand. It started with Amelia and Derek, but then it continued with Arizona and Callie. The more people she cared about fought and put her in the middle of their arguments, the less she wanted to be around them. She usually loved helping people solve their problems, but it was too much for her because everyone was fighting at once and she wasn't responsible of fixing it, but she felt like she had to.

"Callie, I feel, uh, that you should go with the primary repair." Arizona said that day in the OR.

"Eh, I feel the artery's missing too large a piece. We'll do a interposition graft." Callie stated and looked at Aurora who was assisting them in the OR.

"You agreed with me in pre-op." Arizona reminded her.

"Yeah, well, I changed my mind once I got in here and saw the extent of the defect." Callie replied.