ᵗʰⁱʳᵗᵉᵉⁿ

9x23
9x24

When you are in the middle of a storm it's hard to think outside of it, but the truth is you can find peace amidst the storms that threaten you once you ride on the other side. That's why they call it the perfect storm. It's the perfect opportunity to stand tall and be strong even if you end up wet. There's an end to every storm. Once all the trees have been uprooted, once all the houses have been ripped apart, the wind will hush, the clouds will part, the rain will stop. The sky will clear in an instant and only then, in those quiet moments after the storm, do we learn who was strong enough to survive it.

"So you're sure that you're okay, right?" Callie asked for the third time as they walked together to the hospital.

"Yes, I don't get why I got a week off. It wasn't that serious!" Aurora complained. "I mean, I basically missed all the important stuff in here. The CDC came? And Leah almost got kicked out? And you pissed off Bailey. Wow!"

"We'll fix it!" Callie defended herself, and the rest of the board. "I mean it was basically Avery's fault, but we'll fix what he's done once again!"

"Come on it's not fair to blame Jackson for everything." Aurora tried to defend him but her sentence was cut in halfway once she saw him in front of her. And he wasn't alone. "Who is she?" she asked Callie while pointing with her eyes at the new girl Jackson was talking. He had his charming smile on, but then again everything he did was charming for Aurora, so she couldn't be sure if he was actually flirting with her.

"A new nurse." Callie answered monotonously, but realisation hit her few seconds later. "Are you going to stare at her hoping that you have the super power that makes people disappear?"

"I'm not staring. I was just curious because I haven't talked to him in days. I was just wondering how he's doing. You know he is my... friend."

"Say whatever you want but I know that look!" Callie argued.

"What look?"

"Mark had that look when Lexie started dating Jackson. I know that Mark had told you that he adored Jackson, but that wasn't the case in the beginning. You stare at that nurse, the same way Mark was staring at Jackson." Callie explained with a small laugh. "He also gave that stare when Lexie was dating Karev."

"So you guys have nothing better to do and you're just dating each other?" Aurora commented, mostly to avoid the topic of how she was jealous of that nurse Jackson was talking with.

"Pretty much!"

×××

"This storm will bring in a lot of casualties." Everyone was gathered at the lobby as Chief Hunt was making an announcement to prepare everyone about the upcoming storm that was coming in Seattle. "We're gonna need to make room for them, so let's discharge all patients that can be. Post-op and long-term patients are gonna be transferred to Seattle Pres further inland. We're gonna bring in supplemental, water, food, meds, lighting. We're gonna be checking and refuelling the backup generators. As for you surgeons, push, postpone or cancel all elective procedures until after the storm."

Aurora walked a little bit closer to where Jackson was standing, hoping that she could have a little conversation with him. "So I guess I came back just in time!" She whispered and Jackson looked at the side at the sound of her voice.

"Oh, you're back!" He tried to seem surprised, but he knew exactly when she was supposed to be back. "You're feeling better, yeah?"

"I've been feeling better since you cleaned it up actually." She said, but Jackson's attention turned back to Hunt as he heard him saying.