Ø2

15×0115×02

15×01
15×02

"You can't possibly pack everything and leave." Jackson tried to stop Aurora from taking more of her clothes. "You can't just take her and leave."

"Well I can and I will. I guess we can't decide this together so I am just deciding once for myself." Aurora replied and stopped for a second. "Come with me Jackson, please. We're supposed to be married."

"Yeah, same goes to you. I feel like this right now is us ending." Jackson whispered. "I can't go through that. It's you and I, Ari. We're not supposed to end."

"Maybe we should." Aurora wiped her tears. She didn't mean what she had said. But she felt guilty for what happened. After losing Nathaniel, she blamed herself for everything that was happening.

×××

"Hi Callie." Aurora gave a hug to the woman she called her friend since the first moment she met her.

Callie was taken aback by how tight she was hugging her, but knowing what had happened she didn't question it. "Oh little Sloan. I've missed you. Come in let me see this little princess."

×××

The same night after they both settled in Callie's house, Aurora stepped outside, the phone in her hands. The pain she was feeling about everything all at once was causing her trouble to breathe.

She dialed Jackson's number. At least she could fix them. She had to. "Hi." Her tone weak. "I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it. I love you."

And that moment Jackson promised her that they were going to figure it out. Because he thought that this was temporary.

×××

Seven months had passed. And things were getting harder and harder. For both of them. Seattle – New York was a usual flight for Jackson. Until things in the Avery family went downhill.

The foundation changed. The truth about Harper Avery came out. Jackson lost all his money. And he and his mother were trying to pick up the pieces.

He didn't mean to. But he gave up. He gave up so easily. "I don't think I can do this anymore. This isn't marriage. Nothing is like it's supposed to be." He told Aurora that day on the phone.

"I know things have been tough for you Jackson. And I am here for you. I am right here."

"No, you're not. I am all by myself here. And I feel like nothing will be okay again. I don't know who I am anymore." Jackson paced around in his empty house. Every attempt he had taken, to fill the void he was feeling, wasn't enough.

"You can come here. We can find a house together. And I know it's not fair for you. But I can't be in Seattle anymore." Aurora tried to explain for the thousand time.