ᶠᵒʳᵗʸ ᵉⁱᵍʰᵗ

13×15

13×15

As Aurora had told him, that night it was a small pause, as Jackson didn't back down from his fight about Webber getting his job back. Even Richard had told him to let it go and everyone could see that Minnick's teaching method was working. Just the previous day Aurora had completed a kidney transplant along with Jo without getting help from the attendings. Aurora was more than pissed than Jackson didn't even congratulate her. But she just didn't know what was bothering Jackson was bigger than what was happening to the hospital.

"We're losing ground. Everybody loves Minnick." Jackson spoke.

Arizona looked worried that her secret relationship with her would come out. "I wouldn't say that. I mean, who said that?"

"And now Meredith." Jackson paced around pissed as he talked to the three women in front of him. Arizona, Meredith and Maggie. "Now you're back. You rolled over." He looked at her.

"Because he told me to come back." Meredith defended herself.

"That's not what it looks like, all right? You weakened our position here." Jackson insisted, not backing down.

"Well, we don't have a position if he is asking us to stop." Meredith made gestures with her hands, trying to make a point as Arizona nodded her head in agreement. 

"The problem isn't Minnick. The problem is that her program is good, and now everyone knows it, including Richard." Maggie spoke next. She didn't like that her father was in that position, but she was smart, she could see that it was good for the residents. 

"You guys are unbelievable. You're just gonna abandon him now?" Jackson scowled at the.

"No. We're not." They all said. 

"Well, I'm not gonna do that. I'm gonna fight for him. My mother's not the only Avery in this hospital." He said and walked away, the three women looked at him worried. It was unusual for him to act like that.

×××

Catherine Avery had stayed longer at Seattle this time and despite Jackson's objections, Aurora was working with her a lot. Surprisingly, she was the only Avery she could stand in that moment.

"It seems like the colovesical fistula closed off on its own, after all. No abdominal reconstruction needed." Catherine informed her.

"Good. I was hoping to avoid having to call Jackson in." Aurora replied. 

"Things still difficult at home?" Her mother-in-law asked her.

"Yes, I don't know what has gotten into him. This morning we fought about who was going to use the bathroom first." Aurora rolled her eyes at the memory. "I mean he is my husband and I love him, but right now he is continuously frustrating me. He's acting like I committed a crime because I am not Anti-Minnick. We've had a rough time trying with the baby and now this, there is only so much I can take. Everything's so much harder than it needs to be right now."