ᶠᵒʳᵗʸ ˢᵉᵛᵉⁿ

13×11

13×11

When Jackson woke up the next morning, he could feel the shore shoulders from sleeping on the couch. He found a blanket around him, he remembered that he fell asleep without one. He slightly smiled thinking about Aurora putting a blanket around him, even when they were both mad at each other. 

Aurora had already woken up and she was eating breakfast at the kitchen. "Hey baby, are you hungry?" Jackson heard her voice and he sighed in relief as he thought that their fight wasn't going to last, but... he was wrong.

"I act-" Jackson stopped as he got off the couch and saw her placing food to their dog's plate. "Okay, then." He mumbled making Aurora look at him. She had never given him such a cold stare. "Good morning." He greeted her anyway.

"There is omelette in the oven and I've made some waffles." She said, even though she was mad, she was still going to make sure that he was being fed. "I am also taking your car because mine is at service. I'd wait for you, but I don't want to." She took his car keys from the counter and her coat. Jackson didn't have the time to reply too taken aback by her behaviour. And as the words came at him, she had walked out of the door.

"Ah, okay."

×××

Aurora was covering the pit that day along with Jo and Ben. Two hockey guys walked in and they all ran to them as one of them, Garth, started yelling. "Hey, can we get some help over here? Dude needs some help. Started a fight in the third period."

"'Cause you high-sticked me in the throat, you jag!" The other one bickered as he held a towel on his face.

"'Cause you got in the way of me scoring, asswipe. I had a clean shot."

"Let me take a look at it, all right?" Aurora interrupted their fight and softly looked under the bloody towel to see his skin torn apart from his face.

"Oh. Oh! That's from a hit to the throat?" Jo exclaimed.

"He went down, and I stepped on his face with my skate. Accidentally!" Garth defended his case.

"Idiots." Aurora mumbled before saying. "I'll page plastics." She said flatly, she didn't want to work with Jackson when Minnick was around the hospital. She knew that they were going to end up fighting again.

×××

"Barely missed his eye. Could've even severed his parotid duct. We'll see more once we get in there." Jackson was examining the patient in the trauma room. Aurora was with him. She was the resident who treated the patient, she was going to be in the surgery too. That's how it goes.

"Dr. Avery, how are you?" Minnick entered the room and Aurora sighed softly. She knew that it could be unfair to Webber what was happening, but she had never learnt as much as she did the last few days.