ᶠᵒᵘʳ

9x03

9x03

Meredith, Derek, Callie, Aurora and Owen were gathered in the conference room with their representative and a representative from the airline. The investigation about the crash was keep going as they waited to get the justice they deserved.

"Derek Shepherd multiple hand fractures with a median nerve injury. Arizona Robbins open femur fracture with resultant above-knee amputation. Lexie Grey... deceased." The layer stated all the facts. "Mark Sloan... deceased." She added on and Aurora bit the lower part of her lip at the sound of her brother's name.

"How is the investigation going?" Derek asked.

"Have they found what caused the crash?" Meredith added.

"The investigation could take years. That's why we want to help you put this tragedy behind you." The airline's representative replied.

"I think you mean, your clients would like to put it behind them."

"So I'm authorised at this time to propose a onetime settlement." Aurora raised her eyebrows a the word 'settlement'. How does one settle after people's deaths? "Bayview aeronautics takes your loss seriously." He gave a piece of paper to Derek and continued speaking as everyone looked at the amount of money they were offering for the settlement. "Now the settlement agreement must be unanimous and it realises Bayview aeronautics from any and all other claims, known or unknown, but most important it will allow you to put this painful time behind you and move on with your lives."

Aurora's eyes widen once the piece of paper was in her hands. The money was a lot. But no amount of money could bring her brother back.

×××

"I was on my way to the hospital. Today we're supposed to meet up with the airline's lawyer. You know how much I hate lawyers Mark. But I am your sister and since you're not here, I have to make this decision. I know that you'd want the money to go to Sofia and if the others want to compromise, I will do too. But you died Mark and I want this kind of justice in my head that I did everything to learn the truth. I know Derek doesn't want to take the money. I just wish you were here."

Aurora had been spending a lot of time visiting Mark's gravestone. It gave her a kind of reassurance that she wasn't alone. "We were supposed to do this new beginning together. And now I am working 24 hours a day because I don't want to be alone in your apartment. You know the one you gave to me."

When Mark had woken up that day, feeling like he could take over the world, he made sure to write down a will. He knew deep down that he wasn't going to make it. So he gave his apartment to his sister, along with some money so she wouldn't have any kind of troubles until she was the first class surgeon he always thought she would be.

"Plus it's really not good when I am at home. I can hear Arizona cry or yell. It's really messed up Mark. And I don't know any of them well enough to help. And you know me, I won't calm down until I help." She was sitting down on the grass, with her knees close to her chest. She was getting colder but she couldn't leave until she gave Mark full report of her life. Like she had done countless times through video chat when she was in Peru. Only this time he wasn't going to reply back, make any jokes or give her an advice.