19 - I'm sorry

2 months later

(Again where there is longtime pieces of dialogue with Hyukjin I'm not going to write his stutter)

Hyukjin POV

Me and JaeJi still aren't talking and I know it's all my fault, I hear him talk to Jisung most nights and Haru the other days. I've tried to apologies he just doesn't want to accept it, which is fine because I don't want to accept his apology either.

'Hyukjin' Minho shouts from the kitchen, he's holding a letter from school and I know what it's about, my falling grades, which aren't good because I'm graduating soon, but with everything going on with JaeJi I can't concentrate.

I hang my head disappointed in myself letting myself fall again when I'd been getting better 'I-I'm sss...sorry papa' I say as I avoid all eye contact and my eyes well up 'baby what is this about' he says taking the seat next to me, I sniffle, wipe my eyes and sign to him telling him that I just feel so bad and unfocused all because I ruined my relationship with my brother.

'How about you two talk it out and I watch to make sure it's fair' he says, I nod my head and try to calm myself down. I hear a soft conversation between Minho and Jisung and then I hear Minho return with JaeJi in a very similar condition as me.

'JaeJi' I say, Minho puts his finger to his lips telling me not to talk yet. 'You two are ruining each other and you need to talk it out, I know you both said mean things but you can't hate each other forever, look how much it's effecting you both' Minho says as he takes a seat and Jisung enters the kitchen and also takes a seat next to Minho 'look boys this has gone on long enough, how about you talk about what's really going on' Jisung says softly looking at us both with soft eyes. I nod my head almost immediately but JaeJi is a little more reserved until he softly nods his head slightly.

'JaeJi I'm sorry I said that to you, I never meant to hurt your feelings I wasn't thinking' I say quickly 'no Hyukjin you don't understand' he cuts me off and I stop immediately not know what he's talking about 'what' I say just to put my confusion across 'this isn't about you saying that it would be good that I died, it's about everything else you didn't say' he says I stay quiet not knowing that his frustration went further 'you never bonded with me and then expected us to be the same, you always got the special treatment like me and my condition were just an after thought because you were there precious first born, something I could never be' he says he's out of breath and his face is red, I go to open my mouth but he continues talking 'you don't really care about me and that day just proved it I was heartbroken and you didn't care, no one cared' he says standing up. Jisung stops him from leaving and hugs him before he sits down with him in his lap.

'JaeJi' I say quietly and he looks towards me 'it was never about what you said for me either' I say looking down Minho is rubbing my back 'I guess I was jealous of you too' I say looking back up 'that you were popular, could pretend to be okay' I say starting to cry myself 'I can't do that and I just wanted you to be worth my jealousy because I wanted you to look up to me like a big brother but how can you look up to me what can I do for you' I say looking back at the table playing with the latter in the marble top 'I do look up to you' he says to me coming towards me 'you did something I could never, your so determined and strong, I would have given up so long ago if I were you' he says sitting next to me 'and you are so important to my happiness' I say hugging him we melt into each other and in that moment we realise we need each other.

3 weeks later

Jisung POV

It's Hyukjin's 18th birthday soon and I want to plan something for him. Me and Minho have never been one for parties but we want to make it a memorable get together with his close friends and our families. I have just finished my phone call with Changbin about the day, who would hopefully inform Jonghwa.

'Appa' JaeJi comes into mine and Minho's shared bedroom as I finish doing up my buttons 'hey baby' I say patting the side of the bed telling him to sit down, he looks nervous.

'I have to tell you something, but I'm not sure about it' he says playing with his fingers 'what is it' I ask putting my full attention in him 'I think I like someone' he says suddenly looking right at me 'okay, who is it' I say curious about who my son likes, I'm not sure what his sexuality is but the only other person he's liked was a boy so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case again.

'Haru' he says quietly, to say I'm surprised would be an understatement as Haru is 4 years older than JaeJi and he's an adult, at university, 19 years old and JaeJi is 15 and just started high school 'oh' I say to express my surprise, he looks up at me like he's about to cry and I hold him 'no it's okay it's just he's 19 and your 15 you can't be together' I say rubbing his back 'I know and that's why I hate that I like him appa' he bangs his head against my chest and his tears seep through my white shirt.

Minho walks in looking like he's about to say something but notices the scene and joins us on the bed 'what's wrong baby' he asks also rubbing JaeJi's back 'I like someone and I don't want to papa, make it go away' Minho looks at me confused and I mouth that I'll tell him later.

Hyukjin's Birthday

Hyukjin POV

My 18th birthday so far has been good and I don't want much else to happen, me and Danha said our first I love you'd this morning and Jonghwa gave me a really cute photo album that made me cry in the middle of school JaeJi gave me a music box of the only words I used to say, which happened to be from a song. My parents gave me a painting of the family and a bunch of letter from them from when I was a baby till now which also made me cry.

Now it's my 'party' which really consists of my friends, my parent's friends, JaeJi's friends and some family members but we don't have much extended family so I don't worry about them.

When Minho poured the wine for the adults, despite me still not being old enough, he poured me a glass as well, it was disgusting but I appreciated the gesture.

Right now I was happy, there was still slight tension in the air between me and JaeJi but we walked around it not wanting to address the issue again, currently I can see him making heart eyes and I giggle knowing that he might have more luck there, just when he's older.

Hope you enjoyed that chapter, and go check out my new story :)

Who is your favourite Kpop vocalist?

For me it's Hui from Pentagon.