3 - Slience

Jisung POV
we walked into the room closely behind the doctor with our hands tightly grasped together. There was the monotonous thump of heat rates, and I saw Minho do something out of the corner of me eye.

'I'll give you two a minute' the doctor said dripping with fake empathy but I just smiled and Minho didn't lift his head.

'I tried to ring you' I said and Minho didn't respond. I turned my head to him and he was jut starting at Hyukjin, he wasn't moving, at all, I assumed he was asleep. The other things I noticed was that Minho didn't have his hearing aid in his left ear, so I assume he couldn't hear me.

Minho ran his tattooed finger along the glass, only two of them had tattoos, his little finger had a key and his index a small LS, for Saemin. His opposite hand had the Virgo constellation, that one was for me. However my favourite tattoo of his is his back tattoo, which is a sun, a moon and a sunflower, I never knew what this one meant, but I assumed it was for himself.

Minho had a hard childhood, abandoned by his family, mister times than I could count. Getting put into foster care and than full time adoption and never getting chosen. He was bullied by the older kids because he was deaf, or partially, but there was one kid, Hyunjin who always stuck by him.

My story is similar, but my parents died when I was 2, I never knew them, I was told it was a car crash and both died on scene. But I got addicted by the time I was 4 to the most loving people ever. They loved Minho and my friends, and I was extremely thankful. When I was 7 a new kid came to my school, and he wasn't from Korea, he became my best friend, my Hyunjin, Chan.

The doctor came back in and just stood there, Minho put his hearing aid back in, which he hadn't got until he was 18 and could pay for it himself, and the doctor said 'I'm sorry' Minho looked at me. 'For what' I said in a hushed voice of surprise. 'Your son's muscles are extremely weak and we don't think he will ever walk' I just nodded my head because I think I would cry if I spoke. 'We also think he'll be mute' Minho looked at me and I knew that look, it's how he looked at me when he said he was deaf, my face stayed the same , because no matter what they would still be the same. 'It's okay, we'll make it work' I said to them both, but mainly Minho. The doctor did a subtle nod and left

The room was silent until I heard a sob come from Minho, Minho had cried 4 times since I met him, and twice today.

Enjoy :)