18 - Thank You

Hyukjin POV

Today is our parents 20 year anniversary and I wanted to make it big, important. I say I because JaeJi didn't want anything to do with it he was complaining to Haru for about the 15th time this week about how Doyoung got a girlfriend. He's only 14, he'll find someone else, on a more positive note me and Danha have been dating for the past few weeks after I eventually I just went for it. I don't like to rub it in my brother's face that my love was reciprocated but she's helping me set the surprise up and it feels awfully domestic, he's doing nothing and at this rate appa and papa will be back before I've finished.

'JaeJi' I shout from the bottom of the stairs. My speech is generally pretty good now, I still stutter but it has gotten a lot better, somethings me and Minho still have quiet days, it helps us both. 'What' be shouts from his room 'he..help uuus ssssettt thiss upp' I shout back cursing myself for how much I stuttered, I'm not exactly threatening with a stutter. I hear his door open then slam. He comes down the stairs 'no it was your stupid idea' he says to me stabbing a finger in my chest harshly.

Danha puts a hand on my shoulder'do you want me to talk to him' she says after he stormed back up the stairs I motion my head up the stairs and walk away indicating she can try.

Next thing I know is they are both coming back down, JaeJi all be it begrudgingly 'why do I have to help' he says looking down 'ttoo bbe nnnicce' I say back, 'what are we even doing' he asks sitting down taking some flowers out of their packaging, at least he's now helping 'well we're making dinner for them and going to give a speech and a card and those flowers, I think your brother wants to show what good sons you are' Danha says as she stirs the pot of broth for the dinner we have prepared, I smile at her 'can I do the speech' JaeJi asks, I look at him surprised 'I I sssupposse sso' I say giving him the small piece of paper 'thanks hyung' he says hugging me then running into the living room to help with preparations I their.

'whhat did yoou sssay ttoo him' I turn to Danha standing up and embracing her 'oh I just convinced him it wasn't the end of the world, I was sensitive with him and persistent' she says 'you were probably just mean' I playfully hit her shoulder and she giggles 'tthhank yoou' I say giving her a peck on the lips.

'Hyung' JaeJi says from the living room about an hour later, everything is basically ready, I walk in 'their here' he says pointing outside the window, I smile and signal for us to hide.

'Chan asked for us to go on vacation let time I spoke to him' Jisung says 'he likes you more than me baby' Minho says all three of us cringe at the pet name. We jump up after they've taken their shoes and coats off and shout surprise from the living room 'boys did you do this' Jisung says glinting over to embrace us into a group hug 'mmmh how wasss the ssspa' I ask as we break the hug 'it was good but this is even better' Jisung says putting my head 'why are you out of your wheelchair' Minho asks me poring a glass of wine for him and Jisung and then apple house for the rest of us 'I I fffelt Okkay ssso I decccided tttooo usse my ccruttccches' I say back taking the glass 'that's good' he says also fluffing my hair 'how are you today' Jisung says looking over at JaeJi, he hugs into my side and replies with a quiet 'good'

'We made you guys dinner for later' Danha says from my side also taking the glass of apple juice offered to her 'I assume that means you made dinner Danha' Minho says 'I used to say that to our friends when it was always just me' she giggles and hums 'I I made yoou a ssspeach' I say to them both looking over at JaeJi who looks like he's falling asleep 'JaeJi' I say shaking him to wake up and give them it.

He doesn't respond and starts to snore 'it's okay baby, we can hear it later' Jisung says giving him a blanket 'he wantted ttto give itt' I say stroking his hair. Danha passes them the card and the flowers as I too drift off to sleep.