|𝐓 𝐖 𝐄 𝐍 𝐓 𝐘 - 𝐍 𝐈 𝐍 𝐄|

𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐈 𝐉𝐔𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐑, breaking from the trance-like state he was in. Y/n grinned, flicking her wrist. Snakes shot out from all sides, rushing towards him. He jumped up into the air, tucking his legs in as the snakes clashed under him. As soon as his feet touched the ground, Y/n flashed in front of him, slamming her fist into his face. A crack filled the air as Itadori flew back, blood racing from his nose. His back crashed against the ground, making blood spew from his parted lips as his face twisted into pain.

“Yuuji-kun!” Kugisaki yelled. “Get up!”

His eyes widened as he rolled to the side, jumping to his feet as Y/n’s foot slammed where his head would have been. She ducked under his leg, and he bent back as she tried hitting the underside of his jaw. He took a step back, switching to defending himself against Y/n’s attacks.

‘What the hell?’ He thought to himself.

“Focus, Itadori!” Fushiguro yelled.

“I-I am!” He yelled back.

Y/n’s cursed eye caught sight of the click flick of Itadori’s wrist as he formed a fist at his side, and raised her hand up. She caught his fist in her palm, making her choke on a grimace at the shattering pain that shot up her arm. Itadori’s lips curled into a grin, thinking that he’d won. However, his grin faltered as Y/n chuckled, smirking at him as a thin line of blood trickled from her waterline.

“You almost won, Yuuji,” She said, shrugging. “But you didn’t.”

“Wha---ah!” He yelled in surprise as his entire body was constricted by the familiar white snake. Y/n shook her hand off.

“But, I gotta hand it to you. That punch hurt like a son of a bitch,” She chuckled.

“Lady Y/n!”

“Huh?” The woman turned in surprise, blinking to deactivate her curse as she faced the servant from her family home. “Seiko-san? What are you doing here?”

Jogging up the stairs two at a time, Y/n came to stand in front of the older woman. Gojo soon joined her at her side. The dark-haired woman looked at them with sympathetic eyes.

“It’s your mother. Her condition suddenly worsened, and no one thinks she’ll make it until the wedding next month. It’s been moved to tomorrow morning. I need the both of you to come with me, immediately.”

Y/n stood in the doorway of her childhood room. She looked out into the garden. Her arms were crossed over her chest, hugging herself as she looked into the night with tired eyes. Her gaze wandered to the large orange tree.

“Mama, do you think Satoru will marry me?”

The small girl sat under the tree, eating the orange her mother peeled for her a few moments ago. The older woman chuckled, looking up from the flowers she was planting.

“Why do you ask that, Y/n? You’re still too young!” She said.

“Because I like him!” The girl admitted with flushed cheeks. “He’s sweet, and he’s got really pretty eyes. Gosh, Mama. He’s just so perfect,”

“Sounds like you’re in love with him,”

“W-Wha--I didn’t say that!” The girl exclaimed, her entire face darkening with a heavy blush, so much that the tips of her ears changed to red as well.

“You can’t hide these kinds of things from me, Y/n,” Her mother said, standing up. She nestled on the ground beside her daughter. “I’m your mother. I know you better than anyone.”

The girl looked to her mother before her hands, her fingers shining with the juice from the oranges. “Do you think he likes me too, Mama?”

“I don’t see how he couldn’t. You’re very pretty, Y/n,” She said, brushing some of her daughter’s h/c back.

“But…”

“Now, Y/n, don’t doubt yourself. I’ve seen the way the two of you look at each other. You and Satoru-kun are in love!” She chuckled.

“You really think so?”

Her mother smiled softly. “I know so. And one day, I’ll watch you two drink from the Nuptial cups and seal the bond between our families.”

She felt a pair of large hands slide over her shoulders. She reached up and took his hand over her shoulder as he rested his chin on the top of her head, his opposite hand sliding around her waist.

“I know you’re not ready for this,” He said.

“I don’t think I ever could be,” She replied honestly.

“If we could go back and changed the way things were, I would do it in a heartbeat,” He whispered. “And do you know what I would do? I would snatch you from that orange tree right there, and haul you off. We’d get hitched in secret. We’d go live in a little house in the countryside, and it’d be just the two of us. We might have a few kids if we wanted. But we’d be away from everyone. Your family. Curses. Danger. It would be our little haven,” He retracted his arms, turning her as he grabbed one of her hands and laced his fingers through it. He draped her other arm over his shoulder and placed a hand on her waist before pulling her into the center of the room.

“And I’d grab you like this, and we’d dance to that stupid song your mother would play on that old radio. We could just hold each other like this, swaying together, and forget about everything. It would be just you and me. We wouldn’t have to worry about anything. You wouldn’t have to think about anything,” He brushed her hair back, resting his forehead against hers. “I wouldn’t let anything happen to you. To us; to our family. Maybe we’d have a dog, or a cat or something.”

He slid the hand on her hip up her body, cupping her face in his hands. His thumb swiped under her eyes, collected the tears silently falling over her cheeks. She broke into a sob, crumbling in his arms. She buried her face into his chest, gripping his shirt tightly. Her legs buckled under her, and Gojo held her, sinking to the floor with her, sliding her into his lap.

“W-why? Why di-did it have t-to be u-us?” She hiccuped. Gojo leaned back against the wall, running his hands through her hair, removing the pin that held it up, letting it cascade down to frame her face.

“I don’t know,” He answered honestly.

“It’s not fair!” She yelled against his chest. Her body trembled violently, making him circle his arms around her tighter.

“Maybe this is the world’s way of trying to keep us apart,” He mumbled into her neck. He felt her tighten her grip and laughed wearily. “Don’t worry, Princess. No matter what happens....”

He tilted her face up, softly pressing his lips against hers. She slowly relaxed, her body twitching with hiccups as he wiped her tears away. She sniffled, looking at him with glossy eyes. He smiled, resting his head against hers as he closed his sky-blue eyes.

“...I’ll still be with you, until the day I die.”

|•°|

(Gif not mine)