The Monster (Part 2)

Nikki followed closely behind El as they walked through town. Both girls had gotten hungry and El made the decision to go and find food someplace.

They ended up staring at a market place that looked like it was full of food. El lead the way inside and started looking around for something to eat. Nikki, however, wasn't focus on the food. She was focused on all the people staring at them the same way Lucas looked at her. Worried but disgusted.

El grabbed Nikki's hand and pulled her along through the store. It didn't stop the stares though.

***

Nine and Eleven ran through the halls of the lab. Panic was everywhere but that didn't stop people from noticing the two girls running around.

"Stop!" One person yelled chasing after the girls.

Eleven grabbed Nine's hand and picked up speed. Soon they would be free, they just needed to get to the exit first.

They ran until a lobby full of frightened people came into sight. They ran towards the exit with the doctor catching up behind them.

They left the lab, only looking back to see how far away the doctor was. They came across a tunnel and Eleven started to go through.

Nine looked back at the doctor and knew there wasn't going to be enough time for her to go through if she didn't do anything. As Eleven started climbing through the tunnel, Nine made a quick blue orb and threw it at the doctor, wiping him out.

Nine, feeling the adrenaline, quickly got on her knees and followed Eleven out of the lab.

After a few minutes of crawling, the girls reached the end of the tunnel and ran into the woods. As Nine's adrenaline started to wear out she felt herself get tired until she couldn't run any more.

She tripped over her feet and came crashing down on the soft soil. Eleven stopped and looked around for anyone to chase after the girls. After not seeing anything, she sat down next to her sister, who quickly slipped unconscious.

***

"Are you lost?" A man's voiced asked making Nikki jump. She turned to see a worried looking man. Whether he was worried about the girls or the customers that seemed frightened by the girls' appearances, Nikki didn't know.

"Is your mom here?" The man tried again. Blank stares looked back at him. "Your dad?"

"Mouth breather." El said to him turning away from the guy.

Nikki face scrunched up in confusion. Mouth breather?

She heard conversation happening in back of her but she didn't really care. She was too focused on her sister who was now grabbing box after box of eggos.

After grabbing enough boxes to fill her arms, El started walking quickly back towards the entrance of the store. Nikki, after getting over the initial shock, had to jog to keep up with her.

"Excuse me." The man said starting to follow after them. "Young lady! You know have to pay for those! Hey! Stop right-"

He was cut off by a woman's scream and her cart making him stubble slightly. Nikki looked to El with shock but El had a mission.

"You have to pay for those!" He stammered as the girls exited the store.

"Stop right there! Thief! Thief!"

Glass broke from behind them making Nikki jump. She looked back and saw the door were now broken with the man's body half threw it.

Nikki looked at El with the same shocked look as before. "El!" She whisper-yelled.

El said nothing but continued to the woods with Nikki close behind.

***

Lucas packed the rest of his stuff in his bag and quickly zipped it up. He took his camouflage bandanna wrapped it around his head.

After saying goodbye to his parents, he grabbed his bike from the garage and walked it to the end of the driveway.

He heard a door open and saw a white with blue words on the side. A man that came from the inside waved at him nicely and Lucas waved back before getting on his bike and riding away.

***

Following the compass wasn't to hard when there wasn't someone messing with it. Within about fifteen minutes in the woods, Lucas came to a metal link fence with signs scattered along it.

Unable to go through the fence, Lucas turned his bike and walked it close to the fence, keeping an eye on the compass.

***

Nikki sat with El in the middle of the woods. She had watched her sister devour four whole boxes of Eggos while she only eat half an eggo then gave the other half to El.

That was another thing that was very different between the two girls. El could eat and never stop while Nikki could go two days without eating and feel fine.

The two girls sat in peace while El continued eating and Nikki rested against a tree stump listening to the birds sing their song.

"El!" A far away voice echoed through the woods. Nikki shot up immediately recognizing the voice. "Nikki!"

"Dustin." El whispered, confirming she heard him too.

Nikki stood up and looked around not seeing Dustin with all the trees in her way.

"Eleven!" Mike's voice carried through the wind. "Nine!"

Nikki looked down at El seeing her still sitting down. The boys voices were getting a little closer with every shout.

Finally, El got up and the girls started walking towards their voices. Suddenly there was silence and Nikki felt a pit form in her stomach.

It was painful this time. So painful she had to stop to gasp for a breath. El looked at her with worry.

Nikki looked around from hear crouched down position and saw two bikes laying down with no one near. She got up slowly but quickly tried to ignore the pain in her abdomen. She grabbed El's hand and started running, looking for the boys anywhere.

Authors note
Cliff hanger, yay! Don't worry I'll post tomorrow so you won't have to wait long!

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️