The Monster (Part 3)

Lucas walked a long way in order to go around the fence. After a good few minutes of walking, he got to a corner of the fence and turned with it.

He stopped after taking a few steps and looked at the compass in shock. The needle had moved. He backed up to see if his eyes were playing tricks on him but what he saw was correct. The compass changed once again.

He looked through the fence to try to see what it was but he couldn't see clearly. He parked his bike against a large tree and climbed it carefully. He tied his backpack to a branch and got out his binoculars.

Looking through them, he saw the building known as Hawkins lab. He looked around and saw people going in and out but no gate.

He did find something interesting though.

He watched as a military truck rode by in the parking lot. And if that wasn't bad enough, he saw the same white van that was parked out outside his house. But this time, there were three.

***

Nikki and El ran through the woods side by side looking everywhere for the boys.

The feeling in Nikki's stomach had only gotten worse which worried her. Still, she tried to ignore it and focus on the task at hand.

After a while, the girls came to a clearing and saw a cliff that leads to a bunch of water.

Mike was standing on the edge of the cliff and Dustin was surrounded by the two boys Nikki recognized as the kids El shut up. The girls ran towards the boys and watched as Mike stepped off the cliff, falling to his doom.

El and Nikki stopped watching what was happening. Nikki watched as Mike froze in midair. Her face twisted in confusion and her head tilted to the side in wonder.

She realized quickly that only a few people could do that. She turned to her sister who was concentrating on Mike and lifted him back up to the cliff.

Nikki watched the boys confusion as El stepped forward looking dangerous. Nikki decided to stay because she had never seen her sister that angry and it scared her a bit.

Dustin shocked face turned into a smile as he waved at Nikki. Nikki gave him one of her small smiles and a small wave back.

Just then James got pushed back and a bone cracking sound came from Troy.

"She broke my arm! My arm!" Troy yelled in pain as he cradled his arm.

"Go." El demanded angrily.

"Let's get out of here!" Troy said panicked as he  and James bolted for the woods. "Let's go!"

"Go!" James said closely behind him.

"Yeah, that's right!" Dustin yelled after them. "You better run! They're our friends and they're crazy! You come back here and they'll kill you! You hear? They'll kill you sons of bitches! They'll kill you, hear me?"

Nikki watched her sister sway side to side in front of her. As she started to walk up to her, El came tumbling down to the ground.

Nikki ran the rest of the way to her as Mike sat down next to El and tried to wake her up. Nikki sat across from Mike and looked at her sister's slightly paled face.

"El, are you okay?" Mike asked as he saw her eyes flutter open. "El?"

"Mike." El looked at him sadly. "I'm sorry."

Mike looked at Nikki who just shrugged not knowing what she was talking about.

"Sorry?" Mike turned to El again. "What are you sorry for?"

"The gate." El's voice broke as a few tears broke free. "I opened it. I'm the monster."

Nikki saddened seeing her sister like that, talking like that. Nikki knew she was wrong because even though El could kill with her powers at least her powers didn't involve crushing people's souls, unlike her. Nikki was made for killing, and for that, it made her the monster.

"No. No, El, you're not the monster." Mike shook his head. "Neither of you are monsters."

Nikki disagreed but didn't want to fight it right now.

"You saved me." Mike continued. "Do you understand? You saved me."

Mike pulled El into a hug and within a few seconds Dustin joined. Nikki sat back with her smile. Peace, this is what they needed.

So, why hadn't the feeling in her stomach gone away completely?

"Nikki." Dustin caught her attention from the group hug. "Come on."

Nikki looked around quickly before gently joining the group hug.

It's not my favorite. She thought.

***

The group walked back to Mike's house, ready to just try to relax for a little while. Each one of them filed into his house the last one being Nikki. She just couldn't get over the feeling in her stomach.

Something wasn't right.

***

Lucas still sat in the tree, trying to see what was going on. He looked at all the white vans and military vehicles, but was quickly pulled away from that when he saw people filing into the vans and starting to take off.

It didn't take a genius for figure out they were up no good. The only people he could think could be in danger right now was his friends.

He sighed. "Oh no."

Authors note
I told you I would update today. Anyway only two more episodes left! I'm trying to write as much as possible during my spring break because after I'm going to be really busy. So, we'll see how much I can do.

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️