The Upside Down (Part 1)

No one seemed to be in the school anymore. Joyce and Hopper left, leaving Nancy and Jonathan in charged but they had yet to come back.

Nikki watched Mike bounce his leg up and down while continually checking his watched. When he thought enough was enough he stood up and walked out of the building looking for Nancy.

Nikki put a hand on El's shoulder trying to comfort her while Lucas held Nikki's other hand.

"They're gone." Mike said walking back in the gym.

"What?" Lucas asked in shock.

"Nancy and Jonathan. His car's gone."

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere." Dustin shrugged. Nikki gave him a questioning looked before Mike got defensive.

"No. No way!"

"Gross." Lucas muttered.

"Did they go with the chief?" Dustin asked.

"I don't know." Mike shrugged.

"No." El answered.

"What? Do you see them?" Mike asked quickly. "Do you know where they went?"

"Yes."

"Where? Where did they go?" Mike pushed.

Nikki looked at El with questioning eyes.

"Demogorgon."

***

"Guys, guys!" Mike shouted the arguing boys from their little huddle. "This is crazy. We can't just wait around."

Nikki sat next to El with one arm wrapped around her. She let El rest on her shoulder to be comfortable. Both of the girls watched the debate between the boys.

"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives." Lucas tried talking some sense in him. "The bad men are still looking for us."

"Yeah, and we don't even know where your sister is." Dustin added.

"El can find them." Mike pointed behind him.

"Mike, look at her." Dustin pointed towards her.

"Nikki can help her." Mike shrugged.

"No!" Lucas disagreed. "That zaps her energy and we need her."

"I still think we should stick to the chief's plan." Dustin said.

"Exactly. We stay here, keep them out of sight and keep them safe." Lucas concluded. "That's the most important thing, remember? Besides, she's okay. She's with Jonathan."

"Yeah, and she's kind of a badass now, so..."

Dustin turned on his heel and started walking away leaving confused group behind.

"Well, where are you going?" Mike called after him. "You just said stick to the plan!"

"I am. I'm just gonna go get some chocolate pudding." Dustin said heading straight towards the cafeteria. "I'm telling you, Lunch Lady Phyllis hoards that shit."

"Are you serious?"

"El needs to be recharged!"

Lucas turned to the girls who were now standing up.

"You wanna go, Nikki?" He asked.

Nikki turned to El to make sure she was going to be okay if she went. El nodded and Nikki followed Lucas to the cafeteria.

Pudding? She questioned in her head.

***

The boys led Nikki through the cafeteria to the kitchen where they flung open the open the the refrigerator. It made Nikki's eyes widen at how much food there was.

"Found it!" Dustin yelled making Nikki slightly jump. "I knew she was hoarding it. I knew it."

Lucas and Dustin both grabbed as much pudding as they could in their arms.

"Yeah." Lucas said in celebration.

"Always lying. Saying she's out." Dustin continued to stack the pudding. "Bald-faced liar. Mike, I found the chocolate pudding!"

Dustin yell made Nikki jump again. Lucas hit Dustin's arm trying to shut him up. "You're scaring her." He tilted his head towards Nikki.

"Sorry." Dustin muttered.

"Okay!" Mike yelled from the other room.

Nikki shook her head at the boys finding it funny how they always yell at one another.

"You want some?" Lucas asked holding out a pudding for her to take.

Nikki took the can out of his hand and looked at the label. She recognized some of the letters from Will's place but couldn't really read what it said.

"Have you ever had pudding before?" Dustin asked shutting the refrigerator door.

Nikki shook her head in response. She barely ever had any sweets and that was on special occasions only.

"Well," Lucas started walking over to a nearby table. "It's a good thing you have us now. Because now you get to have stuff like this."

Nikki smiled but it quickly melted off of her face as she stopped walking towards the table. It did not go unnoticed by the boys. They turned to face her.

"You okay?" Lucas asked seeing the girls face turn to worry.

She looked around. She felt a shutter run up her spine and a pit painfully form in her stomach.

Just then El joined the boys at the table and Nikki shook her head trying to forget about it. She set her pudding cup on the table still being careful and looking around the room.

"El." Nikki grabbed El's tightly. She pointed to her stomach once El had all of her attention on her. It worsened. "Bad."

El's eyes went wide as she looked around.

"Guys! Guys!" Mike said in a hurry. He ran towards them with panic in his eyes.

"What is it?" Lucas asked seeing Nikki tense more like she is expecting the worst.

"They found us." Mike caused the panic to begin.

Authors note
First part of the last episode done!

Love ya!! ❤️❤️❤️