The Vanishing of Will Byers (Part 1)

"Something's coming...something hungry for blood." A raven haired boy stated from behind his book, instantly gaining the attention from the three boys around him. One little brown haired boy, one curly haired boy and one darker skinned boy. They surround him around the table that has a game board with figurines set up for Dungeons and Dragons. "A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness." He said dramatically as the others leaned in closer desperately wanting to know more. "It is almost here."

"What is it?" The little brown haired boy, Will, asked unable to keep his curiosity to himself.

"What if it's the Demogorgon?" The curly head boy, Dustin, asked looking around at his friends warily. "Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon." Dustin said in defeat as Will threw himself back in the chair with a groan.

"It's not the Demogorgon." Lucas replied trying to calm Dustin down.

"An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike said slamming down the figurine, commanding the attention on him once again.

"Troglodytes?" Dustin asked in an unimpressed tone as a small smile started to form on his face.

"Told ya." Lucas said in a "duh" tone, chuckling with his friends as they started to get relieved from the tension.

Once the laughter died down, Mike started to look around the room, creating more tension within their small group. "Wait a minute." He said softly, making the smiles on his friends faces drop down in an instant. "Did you hear that?" He asked looking behind him. "That-that sound? Boom... Boom... BOOM!" He yelled slamming his hand down on the table making his friends jump at the sound.

"That didn't come from the troglodytes." He continued. "No, that-that came from something else." He paused for dramatic effect and watched as his friends moved to the edge of their seats, hanging on to every word that came out of his mouth. He slammed down another figure. "The Demogorgon!"

The others let out a frustrated groan. "We're in deep shit." Dustin stated while shaking his head.

"Will, your action!" Mike called over to the kid in front of him, who shakes his head thinking.

"I don't know!" He shrugged looking to his friends for guidance.

"Fireball him!" Lucas commanded.

"I'd have to roll a 13 or higher!" Will pointed out.

"Too risky." Dustin joined in. "Cast a protection spell."

"Don't be a pussy." Lucas said growing irritated with his friend across from him. "Fireball him!"

"Cast protection." Dustin repeated in a firmer voice.

Mike gained the attention again by slamming his hands down on the table. "The Demogorgon is tried of your silly human bickering!" He yelled making the others jump again. "It stomps towards you. Boom!"

"Fireball him!" Lucas yelled at Will.

"Another stomp, boom!" Mike yelled adding to the chaos.

"Cast protection." Dustin said louder in a hurried voice.

"He roars in anger!" Mike yelled above the fighting that continues back and front between Lucas and Dustin, making Will think quickly.

"Fireball!" Will yelled throwing the dice across the table and rolling on the ground. The action made the boys jump up and start to search on the floor for the dice.

"Where'd it go?" Lucas asked getting on the floor himself. "Where is it?" He asks impatiently.

"I don't know!" Will said trying to defend himself.

"Is it a 13?" Dustin asked getting up from his chair.

"I don't know!" Will stated.

The boys continued searching while Dustin paced the room saying "oh my god" over and over again.

"Mike!" A voice was heard from upstairs. The door swung open and Karen Wheeler stood at the top of the steps with a hand on her hip. "Mike!"

"Mom, we're in the middle of a campaign!" Mike told her holding his hands in the air.

"You mean the end?" She corrected before pointing to her watch. "Fifteen after."

Mike followed his mom up the stairs to go negotiate with her, leaving his friends in the basement.

"Freaking idiot!" Lucas exclaimed obviously upset with they way things ended up.

"Oh, I got it!" Will called out excitedly, getting his friends to gather around him as he looked at the dice. "Does a seven count?" He asked hopefully.

"It was a seven?" Lucas asked disappointment starting to lace his voice. Will nodded his head in response. "Did Mike see it?" He asked getting an idea in his head. Will shook his head. "Then it doesn't count."

Lucas and Will started heading up the stairs and stopped halfway when they heard Dustin. "Does anyone want this?" He asked with a pizza box with one slice left in his hands.

"No." Lucas and Will said together before continuing their tread upward, leaving Dustin alone.

The two boys carried their things to the garage where Mike met up with them. As they started to get on their bikes Dustin came through the door with a disappointed look on his face.

"There's something wrong with your sister." Dustin told Mike referring to his older sister Nancy.

"What are you talking about?" Mike asked.

"She's got a stick up her butt." Dustin stated.

"Yeah." Lucas agreed. "It's because she's been dating that douchebag, Steve Harrington."

"Yeah, she turning into a real jerk." Dustin said getting on his bike and turning on the light with the others copying his actions.

"She's always been a real jerk." Mike argued.

"Nuh-uh, she used to be cool." Dustin disagreed starting to ride off. "Like that time she dressed up as an elf for our Elder tree campaign."

"Four years ago!" Mike called after him.

"Just saying." Dustin said leaving the garage and disappearing into the night with Lucas in tow.

"Later." Lucas said leaving Mike and Will alone.

After a while Will caught up and Lucas's house came into view. "Good night, ladies." He joked.

"Kiss your mom 'night for me." Dustin retorted with a laugh as Lucas pulled into his driveway.

How little did they all know what the next week had in store for them. Little did they know that their lives would never be the same after that moment. Little did they know that there were two runaways in the woods right, soon to meet the party. Little did they know the impossible, was possible.

Authors note
Thank you guys so much for reading! I'm so excited to be writing this and hopefully tomorrow there will be another update!

Next chapter we will be introducing the girls!

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️