sixty-one

61 | bad blood (extras)
to: season 2, episode 20 - city beneath the sea
to: season 2, episode 21 - fire with fire

61 | bad blood (extras)to: season 2, episode 20 - city beneath the seato: season 2, episode 21 - fire with fire

THE MIKAELSON SIBLINGS DID THEIR separate things while Klaus laid in the coffin. Elijah and Olivia spent their day trying to figure out how they are going to lure Dahlia in with Freya, who wanted to use Hope as bait. The two siblings made sure that wasn't an option, the whole reason they daggered Klaus was to keep Hope out of harms way.

The two walked inside the compound after telling their long lost sister that they'll bring Hope with them. Freya performed the spell. Once she felt the presence of her siblings she spoke up, "Once the spell is set, Dahlia won't be able to enter without being rendered mortal." She quickly turned around only to not find Hope with either one of them. "Where is the child, Elijah, Olivia?"

"If we use her power to lure Dahlia, swear to me that Hope will come to no harm." Elijah looked down at her.

"Dahlia won't get close enough to hurt Hope." Freya swore. "She won't be able to hurt any child ever again."

Using her vampire speed Olivia brought out the syringe that held Hope's blood and stabbed Freya with it, inserting the blood inside of her. "I hope that's true. You are now the bait."

"What did you do to me?" Freya asked, looking up from the floor and to them.

"Hope's blood is now in you." Elijah simply revealed, "Therefore, Dahlia will now be hunting you. All we needed was a beating heart, and though I question the purity of your heart's intent, I hear it beating just fine."

Freya stood up shaking her head. The fear she once felt before returned. She was terrified of what Dahlia could do. "If Dahlia senses the ruse—"

"Rebekah assured us that this will work." Olivia informed her. She didn't trust Freya, not yet but she did trust Rebekah more. Of course she was willing to say that out loud.

"I trust Rebekah far more than you." Elijah spoke for himself.

"I'm not your enemy, Elijah, Olivia." Freya pleaded. The fear was clear as day in her voice and the way she spoke.

"We shall see." Elijah dismissed, "Proceed with your preparations."

***

Elijah, Rebekah and Olivia found themselves in one of the rooms inside the compound. The eldest of the two held out his phone out for the girls to listen to the voicemail that was left by Hayley. The Marshall-Kenner hybrid made a choice which would affect everyone—especially Klaus.

"Elijah...I'm calling to say goodbye. Hope and I—we can't be part of your family anymore. All Hope's life, her family has tried to destroy her. That can't be my little girl's story. Family is supposed to love you. Even if she is free of Dahlia's firstborn curse, Hope would still be Klaus' daughter. She'd inherit a thousand years of enemies all his anger and rage. I don't want Hope to be a Mikaelson. all the pain that comes with that name...she doesn't deserve that. Elijah, goodbye."