seventy-three

tvd: season 7, episode 11 - things we lost in the fire

UNKNOWN TO OLIVIA MIKAELSON, STEFAN HAD BEEN texting Lucas about their 'killing Julian plan' so when they arrived, their ears perked up at Julian's voice inside the house

UNKNOWN TO OLIVIA MIKAELSON, STEFAN HAD BEEN texting Lucas about their 'killing Julian plan' so when they arrived, their ears perked up at Julian's voice inside the house. Stefan looked at his fiancée, pointing to the car, he was telling her to go back there, so she or the babies wouldn't be harmed. Olivia nodded, telling him she'll see him at the Lockwood Mansion, leaving Stefan, Damon and Lucas alone to deal with Julian. Some time later, Lucas frantically called her, causing the hybrid to make her way back to the Boarding House.

The moment she entered, she knew something was wrong, she walked towards them seeing Damon laying on the ground by the fireplace.

"Stefan?" Olivia called out to him, "What the hell happened?"

"Damon wanted me to let it go...I should've let it go." Stefan shook his head, "I couldn't."

Olivia's eyes landed on Lucas, who looked down in defeat as well. She cleared her throat, as she crouched down beside her fiancée and placed her hand on his shoulder, "She was your mom, Stefan and you just wanted to do right by her... so let's find a way to save your brother."

"I'll call Bonnie, we're gonna save him from that stone." Lucas nodded, lifted his phone to his ear as he called the Bennett witch a few times. He shook his head, indicating that Bonnie wasn't answering.

"What stone?" Olivia asked, folding her arms across her chest, "Luke, don't tell me..."

The look on Lucas' face confirmed the latter... It was the Phoenix Stone. Stefan's eyes were still fixed on the lifeless body of his brother, "He's not gonna make it in there."

"That stone is punishment for every bad thing you've ever done." Olivia softly spoke, assuring Stefan, "We don't know what he's going through but this is Damon... he'll make it, we both know he can survive anything."

"Even if he can, he'll be different." Nora's voice boomed as she appeared behind the two vampires with the Phoenix sword in her hand. "Just like you."

Before anyone could stop her, she sped forward and plunged the sword into Stefan's chest as he dropped onto the couch behind him. Olivia's eyes widen, "Stefan?!"

***

Bonnie Bennet managed to retrieve Stefan Salvatore back from the stone. Olivia felt better knowing he was by her side once again. Once Stefan was brought back, weeks later Bonnie managed to bring back Damon, too. Though the Phoenix Stone seemed to have harmed Damon's mental state because the moment he woke, he brutally attacked all of his friends.

Ever since Stefan came back from the stone, he's been having nightmares, every night he tossed and turned. He had promised her that they stopped but it was a lie, which is why when Olivia walked back inside the room she frowned.