chapter twenty-four

Someone is gently patting your shoulder in order to wake you up. You growl and turn on the sofa, a blanket on you. The fireplace, in the room, isn't on fire anymore, it is the day.

"Y/N, Y/N. Réveille toi ma chérie ." A sweet and charming female voice asks you. (="Wake up my darling.")

You yawn and open your eyes. You turn and see Free France.

Your eyes widen.

"F-France?"

She nods with a nice smile.

Your eyes are covered with water, you smile and hug her strongly, trying to not cry.

She hugs you back and path your back.

"Nous devons vite partir d'ici, je ne sais pas combien de temps R.U et les autres arriveront à tenir."(="We have to quickly leave this place, I don't know how times UK and the others can stand the fight.) She murmurs you.

You both finish the hug. You wipe your tears from your eyes with your hand. Free France gives you a soft kiss on the cheek. "Come on (Y/N), we have to go." She winks at you with a huge and a warm smile.

You give her a small smile and nod.
She takes one of your hands, raises you up and you both start to go to the exit.

You can hear the emptiness of the house. It's calm, too calm.

"Fran-" Before you can say anything more,  she covers your mouth with a hand.
She puts you against her, she's against the wall. She makes you sign to not talk. She seriously looks around, without making any sound.

Her arm around you is strong and very protective. She tries to stay calm, but she knew the risk of coming here for you.

She lied to you, no one was here with her. She wouldn't like to make you fearful of what could happen.

The heavy steeps enter in a room. After that, you both rush to the last thing that separate you from freedom: the main door of the mansion.

You reach it. She opens the door and both of you run far away from this place.

Nazis are running after you both.

"France, we have forgotten East and West Germany!" You said.

"Don't worry, they are on the way." She weirdly answer with a smile.

"Really?"

She nods. "Now, run for your life!"

You sprint for your life.

At the end of a battlefield, you see UK and America. Free France push your back to help your running. "Just a few meters (Y/N). Come on! You can do it, sweetie! " she howls.

Her voice makes all French, British and American soldiers shooting the Nazis after you.

America saw that and he runs to you. He takes you in his arms (he puts you up) and leads you to the military base.

He enters into a bunker with you. Free France is helping UK as much as she can outside.

When you awake up, you smell a warm smell of tea.
You open your eyes to see a calm and sleepy UK hugging you on a sofa.

You blink, then blush.

He opens his eyes. His eyes widen, he hugs you. "Thanks God!"

You don't really understand how you end up here, but the warmer of UK, his smell, and the comfort his presence gave you the appeasement you need to hug him back. "I missed you."