Chapter nine

Previously:

"You are not going into the basement."

____________________________________

Author's POV:

Japan Empire opens the door of a shadowy room.

You step back. She pushes you inside of the room. She comes inside and closes the door.

It horribly smells smoke. Breathing is difficult.

"Why did you close the windows?" Complains Japan Empire while opening them.

"You never ask me to keep them opened." Responds a voice close to you.

The light comes in the room. You see, at your right, Fascist Italy, with his white suits, sitting on a chair. There is a desk. Is that an office?

The smoke is leaving the room.

You cough, like another person in the room. You try to look around (because of the smoke), and move in the room to find where it from. (The caught.)

You see blood on the ground. You stop.

The wind blows the remaining smoke out of the room. Right in front of your eyes, you see Poland, covered with wounds and bruises, his wings are jagged, his body is chained to the wall in a pool of blood...his blood.

You are in shock. Nothing can sufficiently describe the horror that you see.

A tear is falling, you are more than terrified.
Your throat is tied up, you can't find air.

Poland lifts his head with difficulty and sees your face.
It's like something has broken inside you.

Tears cloud your sight. Your cheeks are hot.

"(Y / N)."

The sound of his weak voice pulls you out of your thoughts / non-thoughts. You fall against him and hug him.

You cry. "I am so sorry." You repeat with a shaking and small voice.

He puts a hand on your back then he pats it. His body is terribly tired. "Inhale... Exhale... Inhale... Exhale..." he repeat you. "Calm down (Y/N)..." he murmur to your ear. "It's okay, this is not your fault. "

He continued to help you to breath as far as you need him.

"Can you breath now?"
You nod.
"Um.Can you stop touching my wings please? It hurts."
You place your hand under his wings, and put your head on his shoulder. You close your eyes and continue to hug him.

'What did they do to you? Are you okay? Of course he is not! But...' That is one of the things you want to ask him.
But you can't for now.

Poland isn't mad or angry toward you. He is just mad at your kidnappers. He is disgusted by what they let you see, of what they probably do to you. And he cares about how do you feel.

"Why did you put her here?" Asks Fascist Italy to Japan Empire.
"She have to see that."
Italy looks disturbed.

Poland feels his anger grows up. "Who do you think you are for deciding such an important thing?"

The two Axis look at Poland. " We, country humans and our population, doesn't allow you?"

Japan is ready to take her blade, but Italy stops her with one hand.
"Let's hear what he wants to say." He turned to Poland and takes you out off him. "He can't even move out of his chains." He gets a scornful smile.