Party Cover - Jamilton (Fluff)

|Requested by: StormChapterTM|

|TW: Alcohol usage- Note: I do not advise you try the stated mixture, vodka and cranberry juice. I've never tried alcohol, but I know vodka burns and so does cranberry juice|

|Third|

It started with a party. As they usually did.

It was Alexander's first college school party. His adopted parents, the Washingtons, finally decided to let him go. Yes, he did live with his parents because he's broke. He was excited. His friends helped him through all the hoops and everything he needed to know. It was interesting.

Since it was his first party, he was not the designated driver. So he could get black out drunk if he wanted. Which he almost did. It was a crowded party filled with drunk teenagers, the only way he could bare it is if he was drunk too. He had a great time with his friends, but eventually they broke off and did their own thing. Alex was pretty used to it at this point so he bounced from one place to another.

Food table. Drinks. Dancing. Rest. Repeat. It was fun for a while.

Standing at the drink table with a cup of whiskey, he hummed quietly and took small sips. Alex was distracted, wondering to himself what the song that was playing was, when he felt a well-known presence nearby him. He didn't say anything, and maybe it was the alcohol taking an effect on his brain, but he actually wanted to talk to the person next to him. Until he knew who it was.

"Oh. It's you."

"Surprise- haha. I'm a magician. Wanna see a trick?"

"Swan dive."

"You watch anime?"

"Leave me alone, Thomas."

Thomas sipped his drink and smiled. "You called me Thomas," he said. "And?" Alex replied rudely. "Not Jefferson or Jefferbitch or Asshole. Just Thomas. And not a single reference to the train show," Thomas chuckled. Alex rolled his eyes and started to walk away, but Thomas stopped him. "Wait wait wait— I wanna talk to you, Alexander," he said. Alex groaned to himself. "Don't you have friends? Burr and Madison? Why not bother them?"

Thomas smiled and said, "I'm glad you asked."

He took Alex's shoulders and ignored his rude protests and turned him just a bit. He pointed over his shoulder through a clearing in the crowd where his two best friends were busy holding hands and staying away from people. "They are no fun when it comes to parties. Too quiet for this setting. They're about to leave," Thomas said right in his ear. Alex hummed to himself. "Well, Mr. Popular, I'm sure there are women more than willing to be your friend," he said, taking another sip and finishing his drink.

"Nah. Not into women. I root for the other team."

"Don't care. Will you leave me alone now?"

"What are you drinking?"

"Well I was drinking whiskey, but it's all gone now."

"Bleh. Whiskey, so bland. Let me make you a drink."

"If you poison me, I'm suing you."

"I'm not gonna poison you, you're too pretty to die. Is that a yes?"

"Fine. If it will get you to leave me alone, you can make me a drink," Alex said. Thomas smiled and turned to the drink table. Alex watched him, something in his mind pondering and slightly bothering him. He called me pretty. I'm probably just hearing things because of the whiskey. I swear he called me pretty. I'm hallucinating. Jefferson did not just call me pretty. But maybe he did? Possibly?

"Alright. Here it is. My special brew."

Alex snapped out of his thoughts and blinked. "Oh um— what's in it?" He asked. "Vodka and cranberry juice. It tastes like wine except sharper," Thomas replied. "Sharper?" Alex asks, slightly confused. "Just drink it. Oh but, drink it quickly. The vodka can burn."

"So I just—?"

"Here, let me help you."

Alex puts the cup to his lips. "Drink it as quick as you can. All of it, don't stop drinking it until it's gone. Okay?" Thomas asked. Alex nodded. "Okay.. drink it now." Alex tipped the cup and took big gulps of the drink. Immediately his throat began to burn and he felt the need to stop, but Thomas tipped the bottom of the cup so he'd keep drinking. "Come on, almost got it.. the Hamilton I know doesn't back down from a challenge.. just a little more.."

Alex felt like his throat was in fire, but he kept drinking until it was all gone and sat the cup down roughly. He leaned against the table and coughed and shook his head, his eyes slightly welling up with tears. Thomas smiled and watched him. "You good?" He asked after he stopped coughing. Alex nodded and a tear involuntarily fell down his cheek. Thomas frowned and wiped the tear away. "You sure about that?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I can take it, I'm strong." Alex smiled and playfully punched his shoulder. Thomas chuckled. "Sure have a lot of might too," he commented. They both looked at each other and started laughing hysterically like two idiots. Alex gripped on Thomas' arm to keep himself steady and they kept laughing at nothing. As they started to calm down, someone bumped into Alex and pushed him into Thomas' chest. The both blushed and looked at each other with big goofy smiles on their faces.

Thomas slowly took Alex's chin between his thumb and forefinger. Alexander's breathing stopped for a moment and his heart sped up. Thomas slowly leaned down closer to his face, his eyes flicked to Alex's lips and back to his eyes. They leaned closer until their lips just barely brushed against each other when—

"Alex! There you are!"

They quickly moved away from each other and nearly knocked over the drink table, deep blushes spreading across their faces. Hercules looked between the two confused, but shook his head. "Were you two arguing or something?" He asked.

"Uh-"

"Yes! We were arguing about who is better at arguing. Definitely me, right Jefferson?"

"But we just-"

Alex glared at him and Thomas nodded. "Uh yeah we were. Arguing about our arguments," Thomas agreed nervously. Hercules rolled his eyes. "You two are ridiculous. Hey Thomas, are you gonna be at Laf's this Saturday?" Hercules asks. "Yeah I am. I usually stay there for the weekends since we're cousins and all," Thomas responded. "Cool, cool. I'm gonna be there for dinner. Meeting his parents. Formally. Oh, speaking of, Alex. Laf and I are ready to go. John is gonna stay and hang out with Peggy. You wanna come with or do you wanna find another ri—"

"I'll find another ride, you're free to go byyyeeee!" Alex smiles and starts pushing Hercules towards the door. Well, trying and failing. Hercules looked at him confused. "Um okay I guess- if you don't find one just call me cause I'll probably be awake so um- bye I guess," he says. Alex nodded eagerly and watched him leave with Lafayette and turned back to Thomas, who just looked at him confused.

"You."

"Me."

"Your car. Now."

"Yes sir," Thomas smirked as Alexander pulled him by the arm and out of the house.

---