Creature AU - {Part 3: Mullette}

G. Laf: Human (Nobleman (Immortal))

H. Mull: Vampire (Tailor)

|Slight NSFW and blood|

|Hercules|

I finish sewing up a tail coat I was working on and admire it. "Perfect," I mumble to myself. I add the coat to a set of formal clothes on a mannequin and sit it out in my shop for display.

I sigh and look around. I'd been working non-stop for the past 12 days just to get it done. If I were human, I'd have dropped dead by now. I go back into my office and sit down. Times like these, my shop is empty and I end up retracting and enforcing my fangs over and over again. I lightly tap my desk with my pen, deep in thought about what my next creation should be.

I'm taken out of my thoughts and ideas when I hear the front bell ring. I slowly get up and peek my head out of my office door. There's a tall man looking about as if he's confused. I retract my fangs and step out of my office. "Hello-?"

His head snaps towards me in surprise. "H- hello. I look for suit-?" He says slowly. "If you weren't, I'd be confused as to why you're in my shop," I chuckle softly. He just looks at me with a weird expression on his face.

"That was joke-?" He asks again slowly. Then it clicked. "You don't speak a lot of English, do you? From your accent I'd assume you're French. May I-?" I hold out my hand. He looks at me like I'm crazy but takes my hand anyways. My mind is flooded with everything there is to know about the French language, correct pronunciations and such.

I pull my hand away after a moment. "That should be better," I say. He looks at me completely surprised. "Y- you're a vampire?" He asks. I nod my head and smile. "'Ow interesting! I've never met a vampire who hides their fangs. You see, I study vampires for a living. I just moved to America from France," he says excitedly.

"Good good. Um- so what can I help you with?" I ask. "Oh! I was just browsing for suits. See, my friend is getting married and he wants me to be there. Your outfits are beautiful," he says, looking at the tail coat I just finished.

If I'm being honest, I kinda tune the rest out. A winter's night breeze flows through my shop from one of the open windows and with it came the scent of his blood. It was, different, to say the least. Unlike any other blood I've smelled. His blood smelled sweet and satisfactory. My fangs revealed themselves on their own and I felt myself involuntarily stepping closer to him.

I stand a couple feet away from him and really admire his features. He's tall and well built. His skin reminds me of pecans or cinnamon. He's a gorgeous human. He's so tempting. Alluring. Deliciously inviting-

"Mr. Mulligan-?"

I notice that I've backed him into a wall and step back quickly. "I- I am so sorry! I couldn't help myself it- your scent is, um- it's like... alluring," I explain.

"Wait really? All the vampires that I've studied all say that my blood is repulsive to them. Is this a common concept-? Do certain vampires appeal to certain humans-?"

"Um... I don't know. This is kind of new to me. I've never experienced this type of blood lust before," I say, stepping back some more. He blushes a bit. "Well I... if blood lust is the issue..." he slowly pulls off his scarf, revealing his neck.

"No I- I couldn't. That's against several laws-"

"But I am giving you my consent so it is not unlawful."

"Yeah, but if I can't stop? I don't want to be responsible for the death of a beautiful man like yourself."

"I'm sure you have more self control than you're letting- wait what?"

I see his face tint red more and if I had blood, I'm sure mine would too. "I um- it may be more than... blood lust. You're very... what's the word um... attractive. Physically. But that's a little weird since you're human and I'm not-" I just cut myself off and make weird hand gestures. "It's fine, Mr. Mulligan. No matter how much blood you take, you won't be able to kill me. Weaken me, yes, but kill me? Impossible," he smiles.

I look at him weirdly before I realize it. "You're an immortal," I say. "Precisely. Cursed by a sorceress. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. That was centuries ago. I don't really like telling people," he says. "So... me feeding on your blood won't-"

"-Won't kill me. Exactly."

"I um- give me a moment."

I walk towards the door my shop and stick my head out. Quiet as always. I flip the closed sign and close the blinds. "Mind if I sit my coat here-?" I look over at the immortal and he gestures towards a couch I have outside my office. I shake my head and finish closing the blinds.

"I'm Lafayette, by the way. Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette. A nobleman, that's what Marquis means. I was born to a rich family. After mon mère et mon père died when I was cinq, my brother and I inherited their entire fortune. My brother died not too long after that so I got his half as well."

I nod and sit down on the couch that he put his coat on. "I'm Hercules Mulligan. I was born a human to a poor family. I lost my family to sickness and a kind vampire pitied me and took me in. She turned me into a vampire like her, when I was old enough, and taught me to control my blood thirst. That was about a century or two ago. Now I spend my immortality doing what I love. Designing and sewing clothes."

I look at him and he smiles a bit. He sits down next to me. "You and I are more similar than I thought, mon ami," he says. "What do you mean?"

"Are back stories closely relate to each other. And well... we're both ravishingly handsome."

"... Would you like a drink?"

---

We talked. We sat for hours and talked. I'm not sure how or when in our conversation did it escalate, but it did. His lips were so soft and warm against mine. I couldn't help myself when he pulled the collar of his shirt to the side. I immediately sunk my teeth into his skin and he let out a low groan. Did not expect that reaction.

His blood was warm and sweet. It was hard to pull away from his skin once I'd attached myself to it. But I was easily pulled from ecstasy when he dug his nails into my waist. I let off immediately and retracted my fangs. I looked down at him and smiled. He wasn't pale or weakened. He looked exactly the same.

"You know, after my friend's wedding, I planned to go back to France and continue my study on vampires. But I think I'll stick around here and study you."

"Really?"

"Mhm. Every. Single. Detail."

I connect our lips in a heated passion once more. I will never regret the moment he walked into my shop.

---