Waiting..

Demi's P.O.V

Sav and I are now at the hospital with Cas who is now in Sav's arms bawling her eyes out, after I managed to calm Sav down we organised to drop Jay off at Jersey's so we wouldn't have to drag her out in the cold and make her sit at the hospital for God knows how long. After ten minutes both the girls calmed down enough for me to be able to ask Cas what exactly happened.

"Cas what happened?" I asked as she sat next to me and Sav sat on my lap, I wrapped my arm around her waist and watched as Cas began fiddling with her fingers.

"Cas" this time she looked up at us and her eyes were red and puffy.
"What?" She questioned.
"What happened?" I asked again.
"We had a fight?" She answered while staring at the wall opposite us.
"About?"

"She wants to get engaged and I told her I wasn't ready, that just led into a bigger argument and I got angry and broke up with her, she turned around and said that I don't mean that so I said I did and she left, as soon as she stepped out of our apartment I regretted it, I tried calling and texting but she never replied until an hour later, I got so excited but it turns out it wasn't her and that it was the paramedic that was attending the crash, what if she doesn't make it? The last thing I told her was that I didn't want her, she needs to be okay, I need to be able to tell her that everything was a lie and that I want to spend the rest of my life with her" by the time she finished explaining she was in tears again and had her legs up against her chest.

I didn't know what to say to her, I can't tell her that everything will be fine because no one knows that, no one even knows what's going on, all we know is that Hayley was in an accident and it's bad, I decided to do the only thing that I could think of and that is to try and comfort her the best I can. I placed my hand on her back and rubbed her back while she cried.

"Just try and keep positive, that's all you can do"

I looked back at Sav and she had tears falling down her cheeks, I removed my hand from her waist and the other one from Cassidy's back and wiped the tears away with my thumbs.

"Hop up" I said softly, Sav listened so I stood up after she got off my lap and forced her to sit back down, I gave her a quick kiss before looking at Cas.

"I'll go see if I can find out anything, then I'll grab us all a coffee" Sav nodded so I walked away and made my way to the counter.

"Hi excuse me" A middle aged woman looked up at me from the computer.
"How may I help you?"
"I was just wondering whether you are able to tell anything about my friend Hayley Smith? She was brought in by ambulance from a car accident about an hour ago"

"I'll see what I can do" she replied as she switched her attention back to the computer.

"Thanks" I mumbled.
"I'm sorry there's nothing I can tell you at this point in time, but someone should be out shortly to speak to you" the lady spoke up after a few minutes of searching.
"Okay thanks" I walked to the cafeteria and grabbed us all a coffee and a muffin each then made my way back to Sav and Cas.

"Here you go" I said as I handed them their drink and muffin.
"Thanks" they both said as they took them from me, I motioned for Sav to stand up once again so I could sit down I then motioned for her to sit on my lap.

**Four hours later**

We've been here for over four hours now and nobody has came out to inform us as to what's going on, Sav is currently asleep in my lap she fell asleep about two hours ago, Cas on the other hand hasn't slept a wink let alone taken her eyes of the wall, over the hours I've tried to get her to talk but she won't, it's like her body's here but her mind is else where which is understandable.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed someone walking towards us wearing blue, so I quickly woke Sav up and stood up.

"I gather you are here for Miss Smith?" He questioned.
"Yes we are, what's taken so long? How come no ones came out to tell us anything? We've been waiting for more than four hours!" I was annoyed and he was going to have to deal with it.

"I'm sorry that no ones gotten to you earlier, I'm Dr chris, I've been in the surgery room with Miss smith since she was brought in"
"Okay tell us what's happening"

"Okay Miss smith was brought in from a serious car accident, she was hit side on so she has taken most of the impact, on the way in the paramedics lost her a few times but we're able to bring her back, once she was in the surgery room we managed to stop the internal bleeding of the brain, we also managed to reconstruct her broken leg by using pins, she also sustained a broken wrist and collar bone, she's currently in a coma caused by the bleed on the brain, let me just say she's one hell of a lucky girl most people don't survive a crash that involves a car flipping five times"

"Can we see her?" I asked.
"Of course she's in room 305, follow me" I looked back at Sav and Cas, I nodded at Sav for her to follow the doctor while I sorted Cas out.

"Cas, did you hear any of that?" I questioned as I kneeled down in front of her, she nodded as a reply then for the first time in hours she took her eyes off the wall and looked straight into my eyes.

"This is all my fault"
"Hey, it's not don't blame yourself"
"If I had never broken up with her she would never had gotten into that car, it's all my fault and she will never forgive me"
"She will now come on let's go see her" I stood up and held my hand out for her to grab which she did, once she was up I pulled her into a side hug and began walking to the right room.

Once we made it to the room Cas was hesitant on going in but I managed to get her to go in, we entered the room and Sav was sitting next to Hayley holding her hand, as soon as Cas seen Hayley she broke down once again and made her way over to the bed and sat next to Hayley so I walked around and sat next to Sav and grabbed her hand which made her look at me, her eyes were red and puffy, it hurts to see her like this.

"You okay?" I whispered, she looked at Hayley then back at me and gave me a small smile then nodded, I brought her hand up to my lips and kissed the back of her hand before resting it in my lap, we all sat there in silence just looking at Hayley.

After an hour or so Sav stood up and pulled me up with her then dragged me out of the room and down to the café, we grabbed a coffee each then sat down at a near by table then began drinking our coffees, Sav looked like she was a million miles away so I laid my hand on top of hers which gained her attention.

"Whats on your mind" I questioned.
"What if she doesn't make it?"
"Hey don't think like that, Hayley is tough she'll pull through"
"I hope you're right"
"Babe she will pull through, before you know it she will go back to her annoying perverted ways" Sav smiled abit then nodded in agreement.

We decided to stay down stairs for a bit to give Cas some time alone with Hayley, after an hour or two we went back up to the room and Cas was asleep on the bed next to Hayley. Both Sav and I took our seats and waited for the waiting game to be over.

Jess xx