4

"Do you get it? X will be replaced by 3 here."
"It's over 3 hours already. Why aren't you leaving yet?"
"Not until you solve this problem." It was another boring afternoon with Chan tutoring me.

3 days have passed after the date with Yeun. We have been chatting and talking over the phone for a while now.

"Where are you lost at?" "Huh?" "I told you to solve it."
"I'm too tired.... Can we just leave this now? I will give you hot wheels."
"Hot wheels?"
"You have a collection right?"
"And how do you know that?"

Oh shit! I just dug my own grave.

"Every guy has hot wheels!"

He ignored me on that "Never mind. I will leave today don't forget to do your homework."

Thank god.

I hopped on the bed as I took out my phone. 8 text messages. 4 of them are from Yeun.

Hey

Text me back when you get this.

Are you alive?

Mr. Lee?

Haha. Are you ghosting me out?

Hey, sorry. I was studying. Took me a while to text back.

3 minutes later I got a reply.

You're studying? In summer vacation? You're a bigger nerd than you call me.

Lol

You wanna go out?

Are you asking me out on a date?

Precisely.

Sure, why not.

If this was from 3 months from now I wouldn't have went out with her like this. Why was I getting so worked up. She came in my life like a storm. No that so many things happened, but it did change my routine for that summer. Studying with Chan was never fun.

And by chance this rain had brought them two encountering at my place.

They had introduced each other.

Chan seemed to get impatient as he wanted to go out without an umbrella but I had to stop him somehow. Things really do change in times. I might have gotten nicer towards him by then.

I could hear the rain drops splash on the glass making a soft sound. The living room was so quiet that I couldn't tell people were there......so peaceful.

But some formalities got me there. Where did I get that I wonder. Thinking if coffee was enough for them, I left them at the living to get some doughnuts and coffee. I might have not expected anything awkward between us as the atmosphere was too low.

Chan left with an umbrella as the rain calmed down a bit. I called an Uber for Yeun.

Hugging a pillow, I wondered if I had enough stuffs to do that made sense. It was a boring evening.

Things were getting normal with Chan now. I came to find, he was understanding, dissing a little chit-chat while studying. He might have dragged stuff about him as well while trying to get me talk about myself. I was insecure, what if he gets bored. He wouldn't like me talking all about myself. I didn't want that. I had to act like a listener around him and prepare my lessons.

Sometimes he would run late with some peaches or apples wearing the same T-shirt or jacket. Someday he might forget to bring his wallet. I would put my hand on my cheek and look at him getting short panic attacks. It was interesting.

The encounter between them might have been a great coincidence for meeting all the three days Yeun had came to my place. They were talking in the living, laughing sometimes. Yeun would talk about her problems or Chan's difficulties of living alone. I got them some coffee and stayed silent. Chan put a sharp gaze at me. What was that? While getting some fries for them from the kitchen I understood the meaning behind it.

I was stunned for a couple of moments from the door as I saw both of them on couch, over each other.....was it? I walked in, putting the plate on the table I sat down. They had sat properly already, awkwardly. Are they sweating?

Yeun ran out of the house saying nothing.

Chan was there, looking downwards, holding his knees then looking up at me, finding my gaze right at him.

"Have some fries." I pushed the plate towards him. Was he startled?

"Do you get it?" "What?" "I didn't do a thing."
"What is the reason behind you convincing me?" I chuckled as he left a surprised look. He looked like he was going to say something but stopped.
"You did what you wanted to. Besides I'm not dating her"
"What are you talking about? You're getting it wrong. Do I get to explain?"
"I hate explanations."

It was all quiet again.

"Calm down. I'm not mad at you."

Chan gave me a surprised look.
I really wasn't. Yeun and I were just friends and Chan was just a home tutor. If they had something going on, I have nothing to do with that.I found myself looking at the ceiling. There was a heavy tension between Chan and I. He was misunderstanding the situation which made me laugh but I had a great plan to get rid of him with that so I just kept quiet.

Chan didn't come the next day guessing he was too embarrassed to show his face but that didn't last long. He was back again. Talking with my mom, laughing and looking at me from the couch, calling my name. He was already a taunt to me. Things went as they were at first. I didn't call Yeun for a week and never felt like to. Talking over that matter and listening to her explanation seemed really boring as it's unnecessary. Are they really thinking I'm upset cause, that would be hilarious but I'm too lazy to fix the misunderstandings.

Chan would try to act normal but not getting the support from me, he would stop. It was funny watching him panic like that. I would watch his face then, lifting up my chin and putting a hand under it, the face at front of me looked nervous. I was bored to cope up with him. Hearing he would tutor me even after summer vacation didn't make me worked up. By then, dad would be home and I will be able to continue my plan. I was disgusted, by myself.

The end of the summer vacation was right in the corner. I contacted Yeun a couple of times assuring her to meet at school after vacation. She didn't try to explain things even for once, thankfully. Jisung was already back from Malaysia. Guessing it was hectic for both him and I.