Chapter 17: Victory

Back in the Gryffindor common room, the whole of Gryffindor seemed to suddenly worship Harry. They all cheered and encouraged him to open up the egg to find out the clue. However, when he opened it, it let out a deafening screeching sound that ultimately was no clue at all but rather some sort of painstaking punishment maybe? Harry quickly closed the egg and stopped the torture all together.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Ron asked as he walked in. Harry looked up, shocked to see his ex-best friend. Ron walked up to Harry, "I reckon you'd have to be barking mad to put your own name in the Goblet of Fire," Ron admitted, apologetically.

"Caught on, have you?" Harry asked, sarcastically, "Took you long enough!"

"I wasn't the only one who'd thought you'd done it! Everyone was saying it behind your back!" Ron said, in defence.

"Brilliant, that makes me feel loads better," Harry continued sarcastically.

"Well, at least I warned you about the dragons-" Ron said.

"Hagrid warned me about the dragons!" Harry corrected.

"No, no, no! I did!" Ron insisted, "No, don't you remember, I told Hermione to tell you the Seamus told me that Pivati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you! Seamus never actually told me anything so it was really just me all along! I thought we'd be alright, you know, after you figured that out!"

"Who could possibly figure that out?" Harry asked, "That's completely mental!"

"Tis isn't it?" Ron admitted, "I suppose I was a bit distraught..."

"May I steal you for a moment, Potter," Hope asked him from behind. Ron frowned. "What's she doing here?" he asked.

"Well, for one, this is my common room too, at least, for this year it is. Besides, Harry and I need to talk," Hope explained.

Landon walked up to Hope, "Thank God you're alright!" he exclaimed.

Hope smiled, "Thanks Landon but I really have to talk to Harry. Bye, see you later!" She blew him a kiss as she led Harry away.