Chapter 12: Little Miss Reporter

The camera clicked as "Little Miss Reporter" talked with her excessively painted mouth, "What a charismatic quarter!" she exclaimed, "Hello, I'm Rita Skeeter, I write for the daily profit!" she said, shaking everybody's hands, "But of course, you know that, don't you? It's you we don't know! You're the juicy news! What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks? What mysteries do those muscles mask? What courage lies beneath those curls? What makes a champion "tick"? Me, myself and I want to know, not to mention my rabid readers. So, who's feeling up to sharing?" she said, energetically.

Everyone was silent, not willing to go with the overly-energetic woman. "You!" she said, pointing her newly-manicured finger at Hope, "You are a direct descendant of the Original Witch, am I right? The only tribrid to have ever exsist! I heard your parents died a couple years back, I'd love to know about how you are faring with that family or lack thereof. Do you have any familial supporters? Aunt? Uncle? Cousin? Wait, don't answer that yet! Come with me and we can talk all about it officially and on record!" Rita demanded. Hope gave the other competitors a look saying "help" as she left. Cedric sniggered and Hope narrowed her eyes before Cedric put his hands up in defeat.

Rita sat Hope down, "So tell me about yourself, anything juicy ?"she asked as the pen wrote down words. Hope stayed silent and shook her head. "How do you feel about the deaths of you parents?" Rita asked, poking at Hope's life.

"No comment," Hope replied. The rest of the interview was filled with the same probing questions about opinions, family death and love lives. By the end Hope was genuinely getting the urge to set the woman of fire with just one word and the flick of a hand. 

Everyone else waited silently, just outside. Soon, Hope emerged from the room. She stood by Cedric as Harry left. Cedric whispered in her ear, "How did that go?"

Hope rolled her eyes, "Wait until the latest edition of the Daily Profit gets published to find out," she said sarcastically. Cedric nodded, smiling. He was already starting to like her, no matter what everyone else was saying about her behind her back. 

The competitors then left one by one to do their interview, nobody seemed to come back smiling as Rita Skeeter was a very... extroverted person with very little respect for boundaries and private information.  

_______________________________________________

Dear Reader,

Sorry this one is so short! I'll try to make up for I it! Anyways, thanks for reading-hope you enjoyed!

-Inflated Spoon-