Chapter 16: The First Competition

The day of the first tournament arrived and everyone was cheering for whoever they were cheering for and Fred and George were attempting to make money off of people betting for who would/wouldn't survive.

Inside the Champion's tent, the contestants were "getting ready for battle". Harry kept looking at Hope. Harry took a deep breath and went over to her. "What's on your arm?" Harry asked.

"None of your business!" Hope responded. Harry then grabbed her arm and looked at the first word he recognised "Sirius". "What do you know?" he asked.

"I will ask you this once, Harry! Let. Me. Go!" Hope said, ripping her arm away and ignoring his question.

Cedric and the other two contestants turned around to see what was going on. Harry turned away. Cedric went over to Hope, "Are you ok?" he asked.

Hope rolled her eyes, "I can handle myself, Cedric!" she told him before walking away.

Just then, Rita Skeeter waltzed in, "Ooo is there drama between Cedric Diggory and Hope Mikaelson? Two contestants, making friends although they inevitably know that in the end, only one may win the Triwizard cup, well, that's a story!" she said.

"You have no business here!" Victor Krum said with his strong accent, "This tent is for champions!"

Rita smiled and left the room with just a few more clicks of her camera.

Dumbledore then burst in, many other people following him like Crouch, Igor, Olympe, and the, "Good day, champions! Gather round please, you have waited, you have wondered and at last the moment has arrived, a moment only the 5 of you can fully appreciate. Barty Crouch will explain the rest to you!"

"Circle around me, Champions!" Crouch instructed, pulling them all to circle around him, "Now, Miss Delacour, if you will..." he said, holding out a drawstring bag open for her. Slowly, Fleur put her hand inside the bag and winced in pain as something burned in her hand. She pulled out a small, green dragon and dropped it on her hand.

"Ahhh, the Welsh Green!"

Crouch then moved on to Victor as he pulled out what Crouch called, "The Chinese Fireball,"

Then it was Cedric's turn who pulled out "The Swedish Short-snout!"

Hope took a deep breath and took out a dragon, "Wow, a Peruvian Vipertooth!" Hope exclaimed, already knowing the dragon. Crouch was impressed and moved on to Harry who pulled out the fifth and final dragon: The Hungarian Horntail.

Crouch continued with his explanation, "These represent 5 very real dragons, each of which has been given a Golden Egg to protect. Your objective is simple: Collect the egg. This you must do for each egg contains a clue without which, you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. Any questions?"

Cedric was first. He turned to Hope for assurance but she wouldn't look at him. She took a deep breath and looked at Harry, "I wish you no harm and I was already in the room when you were having your conversation and did not mean to intrude. However, once I heard said conversation I decided I would like to help you from behind the scenes. However, let's just say I'm not good at behind the scenes work. Anyhow, if you are going to find out who put your name in the Goblet of Fire and what is going on in the Wizarding World, you'll need me. It's entirely up to you. If you want, I could completely forget all about this and proceed this year happily however you would not have your answers or you could let me help you!" Hope smiled.

Harry sighed, "I could use the help," he admitted, "But you must tell nobody, not even the two twins you seem to hang out with,"

"Agreed, as long as you don't rat me out if you get caught," Hope responded.

"Same goes for you," Harry said.

"I don't get caught," Hope assured him.

"And you can't tell your boyfriend either," Harry told her.

She hesitated but slowly nodded.

When it got to Harry's turn, he had got wind of the news that all four of the previous contestants had passed which meant both Cedric and Hope had gotten their eggs. Harry took a deep breath and gathered himself enough to be able to walk into the stadium where quidditch usually commenced. Harry caught sight of the egg and started walking towards it before something crashed beside him- the tail of the Hungarian Horntail who had not been given its name lightly to say the least. Harry leapt to the side and turned to face the beast. He breathed heavily, trying to figure out what to do as it breathed fire at him, causing him to have to jump away again.

Hope winced, he looked like he wasn't going to make it out alive, honestly. Harry was flung across the floor and he luckily dodge another spray of fire. Harry suddenly had an idea, he summoned his broom and leapt on it. Flying was one of his strengths, you see, and it would certainly give him a little help.

He hopped on his still-moving broom and flew up high as everyone cheered for him, including Ron. He attempted to make a grab for the egg but sadly failed, He flew upwards to avoid the dragon, however it just made the dragon want to go after him even more. Breaking its chains to go after him, the dragon followed Harry up high into the sky until they were both out of the arena.

Using the dragon's unstoppable need to follow him and it's large size, Harry managed to convince the dragon to fly straight down into a pit and only one of them was small and quick enough to emerge from it. Harry triumphantly flew back into the stadium and swooped by the egg, grasping it in his arms and flying off with it.