Never Enough

Pony's POV:

i spent the rest of that day looking in all the shops and stores for something to get y/n. the gift had to mean something.

the last store i walked into was a jewelry store. there was one heart shaped locket left that was customizable.
i spent my own money on it, don't worry i had lots of money i was a good saver, and got my name and y/n's name engraved on it. inside there was a picture of one of the many sunsets we had watched together and on the other side a picture of me and y/n.

i really hoped she'd forgive me and if not i understand.

your POV:

"hi y/n..."

it was ponyboy.

"oh my gosh you idiot where have you been all day we were worried sick!" i said.

"i know i know but i'm ready to explain everything to you," pony said.

"well i dont know if i'm ready to hear it it's like i'm never gonna be enough for you ponyboy curtis!" i thundered.

"y/n you're more than enough for me-"

"oh really? then why'd you go and kiss another girl?!" i was yelling now.

"okay i was jealous y/n... when i saw curly touch you it just happened. he always got everything. you liked him before you liked me, everyone always thought he was tougher than me back when we were friends with the shepard's." pony confessed.

i stayed silent. i wanted to forgive pony but i couldn't.

pony reached into his pocket.

he pulled out a heart shaped locket and handed it to me. it had both of our names on it. inside there was a picture of the sunset and then a picture of us.

i looked back up at ponyboy and i could tell he was on the verge of tears.

i held the locket in my hand tightly.

"we should head back," i said.

"yeah," pony sniffled.

the walk back to the curtis house was silent.

"why are you walking to my place if you're still mad at me," pony asked.

"the gang is about ready to kill you so i have to make sure they don't. then i'm heading back to my place." i said.

i opened the door and went inside first.

"hands off ponyboy don't hurt him!" i yelled, then let ponyboy in.

steve almost had to hold dally back and you could just tell everyone else was trying so hard to control themselves.

it was an awkward silence so i decided to break it.

"i'm going over to my house. bye everyone,"

i heard a few "byes" then walked over to soda to give him a hug.

"bye kiddo, feel better," he whispered.

i walked right past pony and out the door and over to my house.

i went into my room and over to my desk. there were polaroid pictures of me and pony on the wall above it. i took the locket and put it down on the desk.

i really wanted to believe pony, but it still felt like i was never gonna be enough.

———————————————————————
523 words
March 2, 2021

thank you so much for reading!!! i hope you're enjoying and ofc... stay gold!

- author<3