Rumble

"it's okay y/n, you have us here to protect you, and bob isnt here," Soda said.

I felt tears forming in my eyes as the doors to the mustang opened and i got flashbacks to that night in the ally.

Randy and Marsha came out of the car and walked into the diner.

"hey there greasers," randy said, "tell the girl she can calm down we aren't here to do shit. we were wondering if you greasers wanted to have a rumble tonight,"

"yes!" i shouted.

"y/n it's a bad idea," darry said.

"it's just gonna be skin on skin," randy said.

"we'll be there," pony said.

we finished up at the diner and went back to the curtis house.

we walked in to see steve, two bit, david, james, and dally.

"there's a rumble tonight you guys are coming," i said.

there was lots of cheering from steve and two bit but james, david, and dally didn't seem too excited.

"y/n you're just going to watch right?" david asked.

"no, i'm gonna fight it's only skin on skin," i said.

"i am too," pony added.

"cant you guys just stay at the park while we are at the lot like you used to?" david asked.

"we're older now and we're better fighters," i said.

"it's true at the fair-" i covered soda's mouth before he could finish that sentence.

"fine you guys can fight but if you need help just yell for someone and we can help," dally said.

we spent the rest of the day hyping ourselves up for the rumble, watching mickey mouse, eating chocolate cake, and practicing our fighting.

eventually it was time.

we walked out the door and started heading to the lot. everyone was doing flips, fist bumping, chest bumping, and darry put ponyboy on his back and soda put me on his.

we got there at the same time as the socs. we all lined up.

"hey greasers, we brought a special guest for our rumble tonight," randy said.

they moved to reveal bob.
soda and darry stood in front of me and pony to hide us.

"we snuck him out just for this. they're already looking for him so let's make this quick,"

dally stepped up to the front.

"skin on skin my ass," i heard him say.

he took out his blade and tackled bob to the ground.

"see this is what you're gonna get for everything you've done," dally said to him.

bob just gave him an evil smirk.

he got the blade from dally and held it to dally's neck.

dally was always my protector, it was time for me to be his.

——————————————————————-

SORRY IF THIS WAS REALLY STUPID AND SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER. thank you so much for reading i hope you're enjoying and STAY GOLD!

- author <3