Summer

your pov;
(so basically only a few days have passed since the day of the court room and when y/n and pony fell asleep. nothing has really changed so we just skipped a couple days cuz i'm too lazy to write in a bunch of fill ins)

it was finally the last day of school. i got up, got dressed, ate breakfast, and met ponyboy outside.

"hey y/n it's almost summer and you know what that means!" pony said.

"yeah yeah, our birthday is coming in like a month," I said.

the school day was super easy. every teacher gave us a free period. pony and i took advantage of this, because in any class we didn't have together we would ask to go to the bathroom then meet up in the halls and walk around together.

when the day was finally over pony and i walked to his place. two bit was the only one there.

"hey guys, i'm on babysitting duty today, who wants to go bother soda, steve, and david at the DX?" Two-bit said.

"me!" pony and i both chimed.

we started walking to the DX and came across a little boy sitting alone on the sidewalk crying.

"well what the hell do we do, i'm not good with kids," i said.

"neither am i! remember when i got you and pony drunk," two bit said.

"that was pretty fun, let's just go see what's wrong with it," i said.

"it? did you call the kid an it?" two bit asked.

we went up to the little kid.

"what's the matter with you?" i asked.

"i-i was walking with my parents and i lost them," he sniffled.

"oh well boo hoo! I dont got no parents anymore kid," I said, "hey where's pony?" i asked.

"you guys have a horse?!" the kid said, perking up a little.

two bit and i fell to the ground laughing.

"what is so funny?" we heard ponyboy ask from behind us.

"THIS- THIS KID THINKS YOURE A HORSE!" I said laughing hysterically.

he gave us a blank stare and we took that as our que to pull ourselves together.

"hey pony where did you go anyway?" two bit asked.

"huh? oh i just got a little distracted that's all," ponyboy said.

"hey kid where do you live? we will walk ya back to your house," two bit said.

we walked the kid back to his house which thankfully was on the way to the DX.

When we got to the DX i found soda working underneath a car.

"hey soda!! the funniest thing just happened!" i said.

"ah!" soda said and bonked his head, "hey y/n"

i started laughing again, "i take that back, the second funniest thing just happened. anyways, we found some kid crying on the sidewalk and he thought ponyboy was a horse!"

everyone burst out into laughter again but pony just stood there.

"hey pone, you okay? you know we're just joking around right?" I said.

i gave him a hug and we went inside the store to get some sodas.

"i love your guy's names, pony can be mistaken for a horse, soda can be mistaken for a can of coke, and darry can be mistaken for a carton of milk," i said.

that day was spent messing around at the DX until the sun was about to set.

"i'll race you to the park to watch the sunset pone!" I said.

"okay!" he said.

i ran as fast as i could taking an early lead and eventually beating ponyboy to the park.

"who's the track star now?" i said.

pony's POV:

i let y/n win the race to the park because i knew it would make her happy, and i didn't have to run as fast.

the sunset was beautiful, but never as beautiful as y/n. i couldn't wait to spend the entire summer with her.

———————————————————————
thank you so much for reading! i might be posting more since i have school tomorrow and i usually just write these during class BAHAH. i hope you're enjoying the story, and of course, stay gold!!

-author <3