Numb

your pov:
i stayed in that room for a week. my brothers checked on me every now and then and brought me food and water that i never drank or ate. they forced me to eat and drink a few times a day. i stayed home from school that week. it was almost summer and there was no way i was risking running into bob.

I heard a knock on my door and it opened. it was dally. dally was always over protective of me because i was the only girl. he sat down on the bed next to me.

"hey kiddo... how you feeling?"

"numb." i responded.

"those socs ain't gonna hurt you no more, but you've gotta testify today. you can't live like this. you have the whole gang to
protect you. it's like having a ton of older brothers who won't let a thing happen to you," he said.

"thanks dal, i'm scared they won't arrest bob though," i said.

"i will make sure they do," he replied.

we got up and he put me on his back. i was starting to feel a little more like myself.

I saw ponyboy and jumped down and ran into his arms. we didn't even say a word to each other, just stayed in the others arms.

We drove to the courthouse and went inside. i saw bob and the others socs. i stopped in my place and grabbed pony's hand.

"they ain't gonna hurt you," he whispered.

we sat up front and we were closer to the socs  then i'd like. i saw cherry over there too.

i looked back at the gang and felt better. they were there to protect me.

we talked about everything that happened and eventually, after arguing against it, the socs finally admitted to what they did.

we waited anxiously to find out what was going to happen.

bob got a life sentence and the others got 20 years.

i hugged the whole gang. i was so relived.

we walked outside and dally pulled me aside.

he pulled a switchblade out of his pocket .

"i wasn't gonna let anybody hurt you," he said.

i have him a hug and pony walked over.

"you saw nothing," dally said, referring to the hug. dallas was tough and wanted to keep it that way.

ponyboy put his hands up in defense and came up to me.

"while you were in your room i talked to darry and james and they said we need to start carrying blades with us, which i think is pretty tuff," he said.

johnny came up to us. (side note, sorry johnny has like barely been in this i'll be sure to add him more)

"hey y/n, i haven't seen you in forever," he said.

"hi johnny, it's been a while i know," i replied.

"do you guys want to go to the drive-in like good old times?" pony asked.

"i'm not sure..." i said.

"we will all bring blades, and nothing bad is going to happen," pony said.

"ok then, i'll go," i said.

———————————————————————
can i just say thank you so much for a total of 38 views in just a week! yes it is only like 1 or 2 views per chapter but that's amazing to me. i'm going to try to write in the other gang members some more instead of just focusing on the curtis boys and then my own made up characters. thank you so so much for reading, and as always, stay gold readers!

-author<3