13

That night, while I was sleeping, I felt a hot pain run up my leg. I pulled back the sheets and turned on the light, I saw 3 scratch marks running down my leg: the mark of the trinity. I got up and walked towards my dad's room. "Hey, dad" I whispered shaking him awake."

   "Huh? What is it sweetie?" He asked, sleepily.

  "I woke up to three scratch's on my leg."

  "What?!" He said horrified, he turned on the light, "where?"

   "Here" I said, I put my left leg up on the bed and pulled up the pajama pant.

   He looked at it, "does it hurt?"

   "It burned when it happened" I said, "but it doesn't hurt much now."

   "Ok, you can sleep with me tonight."

    "Ok" I said, I went on the other side of the bed and climbed in, "Goodnight dad."

    "Goodnight, sweetheart" he said and he fell asleep.

    I was still awake, "hey, Jason? you there?" I whispered.

     He appeared, "yeah" he whisper responded.

   "Did you see who scratched me?"

   "No, sorry. I wasn't in your room at the time, I was watching over your dad at the time."

   "Oh, ok. Why were you watching of my dad?"

   "Because he will probably go after your dad just to get to you. So, my job now is to protect you and your dad."

    "Oh."

    "You should get some sleep, Roxy" he said.

   I nod "ok, goodnight, Jason" I said then I fell asleep.

    "Goodnight, Roxy. I will not let him get you or your dad, I promise."

       The next day
       I was in the kitchen making a smoothie when my dad woke up. "Morning dad!" I said, smiling.

      "Morning, sweetheart" he said, yawning. He came over and kissed my forehead, "a smoothie, huh?"

      "Yep, I've had this little routine for a while. I get up early, go for a run and drink smoothies every morning."

      "Run? Is that why you are wearing sweat pants  and a sweatshirt" he said, "you went on your run alone?"

      I shook my head, "no, I had Gracie and Jason was there to keep me safe."

     "Well, ok. But, why not next time you can wake me up and we can go together?"

     "It depends if you want to go" I said smirking, "you did wake up when I told you I was going on a run and taking Gracie with me."

     He laughed, "well, alright. I get it" he said, "anyway, why don't I take you and Jake to my hunted museum today?"

      "Really? That would be great!"

     "Ok, why don't we go this afternoon?"

     "Ok, I'll text Jake to meet here so we can go."

      "Ok."

     "Good morning, Jason" I said, smiling as I saw Jason appear and drank some of my smoothie.

     "Good morning, Roxy. Did you sleep well?" He said, smiling.

      "I did actually, thanks for asking."