Chapter 29

I had the dreamiest Christmas I could imagine or ever ask for. Harry made my time absolutely wondrous and not even for once I felt as if I wasn’t home or I lacked family.

It was almost magical, how not even a week ago I was in my worst state and every inch of my body was tired and now I was jumping, laughing and enjoying the happiest times.

Anne and Gemma made the atmosphere so comfortable as if I had known them forever, like my own family. Each second of the past few days was precious and something I would cherish all my life.

While I was at work, the trio spent their time trying more food and learning the recipe of Indian Tea.
Gemma also loved some of my ethnic dresses so she and Anne had a day out searching for some while Harry spent time in the park writing songs he was working upon.

Anne visited Maxi and the children twice and Maxi told me how much they came to love her caring and cheerful personality.
It had been three days since Christmas and Anne and Gemma had their flight back to London on Sunday afternoon. I prepared them breakfast as they packed up their things. Harry drove us all to the airport and soon we were relaxing in the waiting area.

“I hope you will behave yourself here, Harry.” Gemma teased her brother who scrunched his nose in return.

“We will miss you so much dear. I hope you will visit us soon.” Anne said taking me in for a huge and comfy hug.

“Sure, I’ll bring my parents along if that’s okay, they will love it.” She smiled at me and nodded her head in agreement.

“I’ll see you soon Nandini. Take care of yourself, and this idiot too.” Gemma hugged me as I laughed. I buried my head on her shoulder for a few seconds and tried to take in the moment before waving them goodbye. Harry and I stood there until the departure of the plane.

I let out a sigh and we walked back to my car in silence. “What would you like to do for the rest of day?” Harry asked once getting in the car.

“I don’t know. I have no plans. You suggest?” He kept his gaze on the road ahead.
“A movie night?” he said with a cute smile and hopeful eyes.
“Sure.”

Once in the house again, we changed into comfy clothes and started preparing for the night. I collected all the pillows and cushions I had in the house and brought them in the living room while Harry got the mattress.

We removed the couches aside and he started making a little pillow fort.
Watching him do all the work wasn’t very fair of me but I was caught in awe by the sight of him working so sincerely.

“Cushion.”
He ordered as I got out of my fantasy land. I quickly handed him a cushion and stood with another in my hands.

“Cushion.” He demanded again. Instead of just passing him on, I threw the cushion on his head softly. “Ow!” He rubbed his head and turned to me with a shocked expression. Before I could apologise, I received a pillow directly on my face and fell backwards on rest of the pillows.

“Ow!” He laughed out loud. “Now that was tit for tat. Boo!” He teased me, still laughing. I picked a pillow from beside me and threw it on him. “Now that was real fun!” I smirked at him.

“You just wait there.” He picked a cushion and ran towards me. I jumped up screaming and jolted away from him, laughing.

Harry was definitely faster than me and caught me by my waist. I felt ticklish under his touch and burst in laughter. He pinned me to the couch with his huge palms and looked straight in my eyes before coming closer to my face. We had millimetres of space between us as I slowly got lost in the depth of his eyes.

“Oww!” He suddenly hit me with the cushion he was holding and stood laughing at me while I rubbed my head. “Back to work.” He said, smiling and I followed quietly.

We ordered food for our dinner and chose to watch Tangled. Our heads were supported by the wall behind and soon our legs were entwined together in search of warmth and comfort.

Half way into the movie, Harry suddenly asked, “Nandini?” I hummed, telling him to go on. “You never told me about your brother.”

I looked up at his face, shining in the light of the tv. The question made my heart beat faster as the familiar face flashed in my mind.

“What about him?”

“Technically I know nothing about him.” I switched my gaze to the tv and took a deep breath before recalling.

“Kabir and I were together since childhood. We were neighbors and our fathers had been business partners. After the death of his mother, when he was just four, my parents raised him with me.

Since our fathers were out most of the time, my mother took care of us and we had the time of our childhoods. I wasn’t friendly with him until high school, when we became best friends. We went to college together.

Kabir's personality was like the typical flirt so he was quite popular while I didn’t make much friends. We still were together, despite many girls envying me for being with him.” I narrated and watched Harry patiently listening to me.

“Everyone adored Kabir, he was in almost every other girl’s crush list. They called him K for Konstant, as you would find him anywhere and everywhere. So a lot of them used to be with me to get close to him.” I chuckled, remembering the fact that none of them actually got close to him.

I skipped the part where I had a crush on Kabir but since we were raised by the same mother, I had to consider him as my brother.

“After graduation, I was selected as an employee in CARE and Kabir was hired in this company. My mother urged us to live together in Jodhpur city for my security and our easy going. Since then, we’ve been together. And he was the one who insisted me to attend your concert.” I finished his story and saw Harry’s face going expressionless.

“But he was really angry when he came to know about us talking. And I haven’t heard from him since.”

“Don’t worry my love, things will soon be alright. The movie now.” He said with a smile and we continued watching the movie until our food arrived.

______________________________________

My Vivas aren't even ending like wtf school wants me to do.....die??
Anyways, how was the chapter??