Chapter 28

We tracked up the hill and decided to split up and meet after half an hour for snacks and break.

“Oh my God that’s Harry the one and only Styles!” A wave of excited fangirls came running towards us.

I sighed, they will definitely ask me to click their pictures and I didn’t want anyone to know about our little date. Harry quickly posed for them and fulfilled their wishes.

“Hey, please don’t post them, or please don’t tell the location to anyone.” He told them before they could go.

I didn't think that would work. The paparazzi would find us anyways.
“Harry?” I couldn’t contain my curiosity and asked him while we moved forward.

“Yeah Nandini?” He emphasised on my name which made me anxious. “Isn’t this amazing?” I could not gather the courage to ask what was wrong.

He looked at me and broke into a cute laugh. “Yeah, it is. Really amazing.”
I couldn’t guess why he stressed upon 'really amazing' but it only made me more anxious.

Harry’s phone buzzed and he paused. “Umm...would you like to go back? Gems called.” He said as he kept his phone back in his pocket. “Of course, let’s go.”

I was still confused as to why Gemma called suddenly but I paced with him. We reached back to where we started and Harry took his phone out again. He typed something and smiled.

“Come on here.” He guided me to some isolated corner of the fort and I found Gemma and Maxi. They both had a big smile on their faces.

“Nandini,” Harry suddenly said, standing near the edge of the wall, turning to me, “Did you mean what you wrote on the diary?”
His question caught me off guard. Of course I did.
“Yes I did but was it bad? I’m sorry I didn’t mean to upset you. I-“ Before I could end my apology speech, Harry came on his knee and pulled a little rose out.

“Nandini, I love you.” He said.

Nandini I love you.

Suddenly everything went still and these words kept swirling in my mind. Everyone and every little sound faded and I could only see Harry on his knee with a rose, looking deep in my eyes with a little smile on his face dipped with hope.

Love you. Harry loves me. Harry Styles loves me. Harry Edward Styles from One Direction, the one and only, loves me?

“What!” My voice couldn’t be as loud as my heartbeat.
“I love you. And I mean it.” He repeated himself. My head turned towards Maxi and Gemma. They were ready with their cameras and almost jumping.

“I wanted to tell you and couldn’t find a better time than this. It’s what my heart says every time I look at you. I just hope you feel the same.” He confessed.

My mind didn’t process the situation as fast but I did say, “I love you Harry.” And accepted the rose. “Yess!” The three of them jumped and exclaimed as I took the rose.

“Omg this picture is so cute.” Maxi said. “You know, he was worried all morning for this, specially after receiving your present.
He was so sure that you will decline.” Gemma said. So this was the reason. “Harry you almost panicked me.” I said, releasing a long breath. “I know, but I couldn’t ruin the surprise.” He smiled.

“Where did you get that rose from?” Gemma asked. “Umm... doesn’t matter. Let’s go back to mum.” He said scratching his head.

My stomach was filled with butterflies and I couldn’t walk straight knowing that Harry just had given me a rose. My cheeks and ears were still burning with the sensation. Half of my brain still couldn’t digest what he said. This was the greatest feeling ever.

Maxi nudged me out of my thoughts. I looked at her and she smirked. “You should see this smile on your face.” She instantly took her phone out and clicked a picture of me.

“I will send you later.” No words formed in my head so I simply nodded and she giggled. “I see, still blushing huh!” She teased and I couldn’t help but laugh.

I swayed the rose as I walked right behind Harry, occasionally looking at it and smiling again. I said it. I thought I would not be able to but I said it. I knew I had feelings for him but accepting it to myself was a tough job but I said it. Directly to him. I was definitely proud of myself.

We found Anne swinging with the kids near the back exit. “Did Harry say it?” She asked as soon as she found us. “You all knew this?” I asked amused, only I was the one who had no idea.

“Yeah mum, he did! And without any shuttering.” Gemma and Anne giggled at Harry and Anne turned to me, “My dear, he was worried all day and I wish I could explain how frustrated he was while thinking about your answer.”

“Yeah mum, save that for later. Let’s go now.” Harry flushed, looking at everything except us.

My vision and brain didn’t cooperate with me later the day, I was too busy in my dreams. We moved to a restaurant nearby and Gemma decided that I and Harry should sit together and the rest of them would stay a bit far to give us some time for ourselves.

“Nandini?” I looked up at him to find him playing with the flowers kept on the table. “Yeah?”
“Did you take some poetry lessons or something? I won’t say that you copied that line from somewhere, but I just didn’t know that you could write so well.” He stated it as a fact.

“Are you making fun of me, Harry?” He giggled, “You know it better.” I nudged on his arm playfully as he broke into laughter.

“Well, I don’t really know what people in India do on a date but I hope I’m not messing anything.” He slowly spoke. “Of course no. What do you think we do on a date, dance?” I assured.

“Maybe, we could try that too tonight.” He said showing off his dimples and I couldn’t help the blush.

We are our food in a comfortable silence, roamed around a bit more in the market and soon, ended with the day. “I am telling you, the best part was your reaction.”

Maxi exclaimed before getting out of the car. I flushed again knowing it well how I look when shocked. “Maxi wait! I got this for you.” I handed her the gift and witnessed the pure happiness on her face.

“Oh my God! I don’t know about Harry but I definitely love you more.” She said, giving a dramatic expression before going away.

I smiled to myself, she liked it. I was successful.

We were back home all tired from the long day. I could say that I wasn’t expecting my Christmas to go as wonderful, looking at the conditions a few days ago.

Sometimes, change of an environment changes everything.’ The voice from the back of my head reminded this line my father used to say. It is true, definitely.

“Nandini I hope you don’t have any work right now because I am just so sleepy. Hope you will crash on the bed with me.” Gemma announced as soon as we entered the house.

I looked at Harry and he gave me a threatening look. “I have some files to complete before tomorrow so I’ll be up. You move ahead with your much needed rest, I’ll join you soon.”

Gemma and Anne went directly to sleep while I sat in the living room. Harry came and bumped on the couch near me. “Hoping you didn’t really have a work.”

“I did have some work, but for you Mr. Harry Styles, I can take some time out from my busy schedule.”

I smiled. He giggled and offered his palm, “Shall we?” I got up taking his hand, “With pleasure.”

______________________________________

I have this feeling I'm failing all my classes because the teachers decided to increase the level and twist all the questions and confuse our poor brains. Why? Because exams are online right. Like the fuck do they think we can write if we don't know any of it!! I just don't want this to be an obstacle between me and my dream college:(