Chapter 13

You know when you have those moments which seem too perfect to be real. Almost like a dream which leave you totally confused. You can not decide if it was real, whether the things happened nor were you just lost in the depths of your fantasy. Yesterday just felt the same.

I woke up today and my mind was still filled with every little details of what we did yesterday. Today is the last day of Harry's stay here; he will pack for Delhi tomorrow which will end his tour dates in India.

I had saved his number already and was over excited to have a celebrity's number in my phone let alone the celebrity being Harry.

I got out of the bed and took my time in a hot shower which relaxed all my tired muscles from yesterday. I stepped out to find that breakfast was already ready and being served for me.

"Good morning." I greeted Kabir with a smile.

"Hey. You need to show me the photos, remember?" He kept the pan aside and faced me.

"Yes but I would like to fill myself first." I grabbed the plate and filled it with the upma he made.

As we ate, I showed him all the photos I had in my phone and camera, adding small comments at each place and laughing occasionally.

"This one was when he tried to eat golgappa."

"Here we were singing in the car."

"The tourists were dancing too."

"He got mobbed by the fans."

Kabir laughed too which made me feel that he finally started to accept Harry and his band. Not that it was so important but if he doesn't support me, that would hurt a lot.

"I am glad you enjoyed. Have a good day Nandi, I gotta go." He said and kept the plates in the sink.

"Alright. Take care." I greeted back as he disappeared in the hallway.

I sighed and got up. Back to normal from today, I guess. I got dressed and finally got out of the house, locking it behind me. Something just did not feel good. And that was bothering me.

I tried to push away the feeling and concentrate on the road but the whole way I was, just, sad.

I reached the office and went straight to my cabin to complete the paperworks I had from my last field duty. The time was passing very slowly and each second made me think more about Harry's departure tomorrow.

As I wrote my experience and the management of the place I visited, my mind drifted to the newest arrival in my phone book. My fingers went to the message box and typed,

To - Harry:

Hi! This is Nandini from CARE :)

I kept my phone back on the desk and waited for a few minutes but he didn't reply. Who am I trying to contact! He is Harry Styles, The Harry Styles. He is too busy for someone like me.
Letting go a long breath, I continued with my work.

Harry's POV

I was lying on the comfy bed in this huge Rajasthani-style hotel room and thinking about the time I had yesterday when my phone buzzed.

I didn't bother to check, since I thought it must be another message from the management telling me about another group meeting.
But when my phone didn't ring further, I got a feeling that it wasn't from the management.

I got up and checked the ID. It was a new number so I just clicked on the message. A huge grin formed on my face looking at it.

I quickly saved the number and replied,

To - Girl with my heartbeat

Hello Nandini from CARE, how may I help you?

I didn't have to wait for long when she replied.

Her: Umm... I thought to let you know it is me since you didn't have my number and may get confused if I called any day.

Me: Oh my! Relax love. I would have loved if you called:)

Her: :)

Me: Are you at work?

Her: yep. A bit of writing and then I need to meet Smith for my next assignment and then I will have to sort the papers of that place and-

Me: Nandini, love, you need to take deep breaths and relax. You are rambling too fast.

Her: :/ can't help.

Me: may I?

Her: you can?

Me: just wait for me;)

I tossed the phone aside, got in my jeans and asked my bodyguard, John, to hand me the car keys.

"Harry you are not allowed to go alone anywhere." He warned.

"C'mon John! Let me. I just want to go for a drive and I promise to come back safely."

After some begging, he finally let me go. I rushed into the car and drove swiftly on the nearly empty highway.
It took me a few hours to reach her office and it was noon already. As I parked my car, I saw her coming out of the building with two of other employees. It was not a good idea to walk out the car and call her in the public so I texted her instead.

I saw her look at her phone and turn towards me. I pulled the windows down and waved towards her and she greeted me with the biggest smile.
"I really didn't expect you would come all the way from Jaipur!" She exclaimed.

I could come all the way from London to spend more time with you, but I am too shy to tell it, so let's just go with a yes.

"Umm...yeah. You were going somewhere?" I asked, opening the door.

"Yes. It is lunch time and I was just walking around to get some air." She said. Great! That is what I wanted.
"Come on. Let me accompany you." I opened the passenger door for her and she sat in.
I turned the car around and pulled on the road. The windows were down letting the air in and caressing her hair. Those wavy black locks flying around her glowing face, giving her more angelic look. It made me feel quite different. A good different and I liked it. She was humming along the songs and her soft hums filled the car, making me far relaxed and calm than I was.

But something in her eyes was not going with the moment.
"Is something wrong?" I finally asked, slowing down the speed of the car and looking at her.

She turned to me and sadness reflected in her shining eyes as she spoke in a low tone, "Yes. You are leaving tomorrow."