Chapter 12

"It's inevitable everything that's good comes to an end."

We were in the car driving towards our last stop, the Haveli Inn Pal for our dinner. The day was to an end and my emotions started dwelling up. I didn't want them to go or especially him, to leave. I had a great time and the looks on their faces showed that they had too.

For once in my life I felt so light and carefree, last time it being the days in my kindergarten. I felt like I'm with a family with so many brothers and sisters. They didn't let me feel inferior or different which I thought it would be. Instead, the whole time went like a group of teenagers on picnic. A lot better than I planned it to be.

"How is the place like, Nandini?" Sarah asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"It is a roof top diner and you get a complete view of the city, just like we get from our office. The food is mind blowing and mainly ethnic. You'll love it there." I said and caught Harry looking back at me mouthing 'I know'.

I started turning red as he smirked. "Oh! I just forgot to ask this. Where are you all staying in Jaipur?" The question flashed in my mind.

"The Oberoi Rajville. A quite good place." Adam answered leaving me paranoid. Of course how stupid of me to ask! Wasn't it obvious? Oberois have the best and the most expensive hotels all over India. I would be lying if I say I never dreamt of staying there once.

I again caught Harry looking at me and changed my expression from shocked to normal immediately.

"We're here." Mitch announced.
Everyone looked out of the window to the magnificent hotel in front of us.

"This is gonna be amazing. Mitch, take your guitar with you." Adam smiled. We went towards the reception area and I said "I have booked seats for six in the Panorama 360 by the name of Nandini."

The man on the other computer guided us to the top of the building to where the restaurant is. As we stepped out in the open, everyone got star struck, staring at the breath taking night view of Jodhpur. The Mehrangarh fort and the whole city shining in front of us.

"Oh my God!" "This is simply gorgeous. I get another reason why this place is called the land of kings."
"Where is my camera?" were the words said in the appreciation of the place.

I saw the amazed look in their shining eyes and mentally took a note to thank Maxi for suggesting this place. As a responsible guide, I took my camera and captured their candids, each turning to prove me a professional photographer.

As I turned to take Harry's another picture, he caught me. "Hey! I told you we will take it together." He pouted making me laugh. "Yeah sure." I handed him the camera and he clicked a few more pictures of us posing like fairies dancing in the light.

Finally we sat down on our seats and the waiter handed us menu cards. "These look so delicious I'm just as confused as what to dig on first." Clare stuck her tongue in the air.

"What should be the best, Nandini?" Harry asked, looking in the menu card I was holding.

"You should try the famous Dal Bati Churma. It is a must when you visit Rajasthan. And keeping in mind that some of you cannot eat much spicy things, I will order normal Indian food." I eyed Harry as he hid his face in his palms.

I ordered Dal Bati Churma, Dal Makhani, Veg SeekhKabab, Papad, Matar Paneer, Kashmiri Pulao, Tandoori Roti, raita and salad. Mitch and Adam suggested some wine and Harry sat as an excited kid waiting for his Christmas presents.

The food arrived soon unlike the other restaurants which take ages to bring. "Will we be able to finish it tonight?" Sarah exclaimed looking at the amount of food I ordered. Harry already started eating. "Just take a bite Sarah; you will not stop yourself from eating all of this." He said taking another spoonful of the Dal. I served them equally and we ate in silence for a while.

The waiter brought wine for everyone which I denied. Mitch took his guitar and started playing the tunes of 'Can't help falling in love' and Clare sang along.

Everyone around us, including us, had finished their food and was turned towards us to enjoy the music.

It was such a pleasant moment. Under the starry night, surrounded by beautiful lights and fort, with melodious music. Couples around us were dancing already as I watched them move in synchronization.

"May I have this dance?"

I turned around to see Harry, half bowed and offering his hand. "Sure" I said, as my cheeks went on fire and butterflies turned into jumping elephants.

He pulled me closer, held my hand in one and rested another on my waist as I held his shoulder.
To say I was cool and calm would be wrong. It was just to hide my inner screaming self. I could feel his breaths on my face as we moved our feet together. He was looking in my eyes and I saw his. The crystal clear emerald eyes shining with confidence and filled with emotions.

He was smiling his best smile, showing off his dimples. I felt like the world had stopped spinning and it was just us. Everything moved in slow motion. Just so good to be real. I was smiling. I was happy. We were in our best states as he said slowly, "You know, you are really beautiful."

I felt my heart relaxing a bit with each second passing by and I replied "You too, Angel." His face showed the most satisfying expression as he scooted close, resting his forehead on mine. If I could only have this moment forever.

"Who wants to sing along?" Adam interrupted the perfect atmosphere as Harry lifted his head and asked "Shall we?" I nodded giving him a smile even though I didn't want to.

The next few minutes passed by singing to Baby I, Best of both worlds, hold my girl and more. As we were about to leave, I asked the bill and the others headed to the car. The waiter handed me the bill and I opened my purse to take the money out but Harry had it before me. "Here." He handed the money and tip to the waiter before I could process it.

"Hey! You are not supposed to do that." I argued.

"What am I not supposed to do? Pay for my food?" He said as if it were a matter of fact. "No. You are not supposed to pay when I am the guide and the one who arranged this." I snapped. "Well, as my guide you did your job; now as a gentleman let me do my job."

He grabbed my hand and walked me out of the building. "But Harr-"
"Please, it is my pleasure." I did not argue further and got in the car.

"What a time we had." We sat in the car relaxed, no one saying anything

We sat in silence for a few minutes then Mitch asked, "Where should I drop you Nandini? It is getting late and I think you should go home and take rest too." "To my office please. I have my car there." I said, not wanting to go.

He drove swiftly and within a while we reached my office building. I saw Smith near his car and got down.
"Wait. I want to talk to Mr. Joe." Harry jumped out and walked with me. I had my car a bit ahead from Smith's so I walked and harry followed.

"Weren't you going to talk to him?" I asked when we walked past behind Smith's car. "Maybe." He said and I stopped Turing to him.

"I had a great night." He said smiling and looking up at the stars.

"Me too."

"Would you like to meet me again?"
He said handing me a piece of paper.

I opened it to see his phone number.

"When did you write this?"

"In the car, when you were busy being sad." He smirked. "But I-"

"I know, I will miss you too." He winked at me, leaving me all red.

"I think you should get going. Do give me a ring." I smiled and got in my car and watched him walk towards his Rover.

I smiled like crazy looking at his piece of paper and pressing it close to my heart.

Finally, I drove my car towards home ending the perfect day here.

I had expected Kabir to be cooking something for himself or out partying but I saw him sitting on the couch with his laptop on his lap, working seriously.

"Hey." I said grabbing his attention.

"Hi. How was the day?" He looked up but seriousness not leaving his face.

"Great. Really good. I have so many pictures to show you. What are you doing?" I said.

"Oh, I was searching tabloids about this Harry Styles and look, what a bad boy he is." He said.

"Kabir how could you?" I became furious listening to his stupid words.

"Relax. I was giving an online exam for my promotion." He said calmly and I bumped beside him to check his laptop. He was right, it was some question paper.

"Oh God! You just raised my blood pressure." I sighed.

He chuckled keeping his hand on my head. "I know. Now go get your beauty sleep. Tomorrow is Monday you need to go to work."

I nodded and bumped on my bed giving a last look to the photos of me and Harry. He treats his fans so right. So good that I don't think this is even real. But I couldn't think for long as sleep conquered my thoughts.

______________________________________

:) I hope you would like this. I better go to study now.
All the love,
Manshi.