Chapter 18

A/N: caution- French accent ahead. Just read it aloud, it will make sense.

_________________________________________

I woke up early the next day and greeted mum before everything else.
All I needed today was a lot of hopes and courage to speak for myself and my holidays.

"All the best honey." Mum patted my back and planted a soft kiss on my forehead. Gemma was coming with me till the mall where I would drop her for Christmas shopping and join her after the meeting is over.

"Let's go." I grabbed the car keys and picked up my jacket as she followed me and got in the passenger seat.
"You alright?" She asked gently as I turned the engine on.

"Yeah, I think so." I mumbled.
"You've got this honey." She said before tuning the music on and we jammed to Carols for the rest of the ride.

I dropped her in the main shopping centre and waved goodbye.

"I believe in you baby boy." She said before I picked up speed and rushed towards my management's office.

Last time that I got such an email and Gemma worried about it was the time when my previous management tried to get me with Kendall Jenner. But we turned out to be really good friends and it got obvious so they had to cancel this stunt.

I don't fear any of these stunts anymore but the thought that I my worries turn out to be true and the news gets to Nandini, she would feel really bad. And I will not be able to face her or look in her eyes again.
I pulled in the driveway and parked my car. I found Mitch standing near the gate and I ran towards him.

"Hey man they called you too?" I greeted him with the question.
"No. But I was just informed that there is this meeting and Sarah told me something could go wrong. So we're here." He explained.

I glad they both were there. Now I wouldn't have to face my managers alone.

"C'mon in." Sarah called the two of us inside the conference room which was now mainly used for these little meetings.

Dear Lord, I just ask for their safety from Mitch. He was ready for any kind of comeback and we all feared his anger.

Sarah opened the door for us and we entered in. The first thing I saw was the big victorious smile on Marie's face which made it clear that something was fishy. Jeffrey was standing beside a tall blonde who I guess was French.
Camille Rowe.

Troubles begin now, a small voice from the back of my head warned me.

"Good morning Harry, Sarah and Mitch. Meet Adolphe, he is Camille's manager."
He went in for a handshake with each one of us.

"Bonjour y'all. I 'ave a zhreat offer. I 'ould esk 'arry to lesten to me. My clent Camille Rowe and you culd be tozhether. It 'ould make ze media zho crrazy and 'ee culd zhet you bot' on ze coverr of Voghue. Zis 'ould be a zhreat 'ay to start ze yearr." His thick accent was clear in his speech.

Mitch looked at me sideways as I did the same, both sharing the look of disapproval.

Marie snapped us out of our defence plans,
"I know this is a great plan for both of us, Harry, so I have already said yes to Camille and she is on her way."
Oh crap!

Narrator's POV:

The holiday season was at the doorstep. Nandini was excited for her best friend's birthday which was just three days before Christmas, increasing her eagerness day by day. Little did she know that there were more than one surprises waiting for her the coming days.

Kabir, being possessive out of habit, knew something was going on with Nandini. He never wanted to see her with someone else other than him or without his permission.

He called it his brotherhood.

Not directly wanting to ask from Nandini, he tried checking her laptop and phone calls. His recent browsing history just showed tabloids of Harry Styles and his previous relationships.
All the stuff on the internet had already filled his mind with rage against Harry.

One, out of human nature, Harry's fame did make him jealous, for Harry had everything he wanted.
Second, Harry had a deep impact on Nandini. She used to talk about him every time, her social media feed were filled with photos of them together and she said about missing him every day.

Kabir was furious with the performer for stealing his property, according to him, without acknowledging him.
That day, when happy Nandini was out to bring some groceries, he sneaked into her room, logged into her laptop and checked her messages.

He found what he was looking for, Harry's messages.

His eyes swiftly scanned the screen looking at the words, 'miss you lots’, 'we must hang out again’, 'you are so beautiful’, 'I'm lucky to have you’, 'I wish I was there with you' and 'I miss our kiss'.

His blood boiled. His eyes turned red. "She is betraying me." He said before storming out of the room. That night he slept without talking to her or anyone. He just was waiting for another incidence which could prove that Nandini was for sure hiding things.

He didn't have to wait any long for the moment. A day later, just before his birthday, he overheard Nandini talking to someone on the phone which sounded somewhat like, "Yes I am sure. He really has no idea about it. I just hope Kabir doesn't find this out."

That was all for him to join the dots and be sure that Nandini was doing something behind his back.
That evening after he heard half of her words, he grabbed his coat and headed out of the house, leaving Nandini behind on her own.

Unknowingly, he had mistaken her birthday surprise for a stranger corrupting his girl.

Little did poor Nandini know, it was going to be a night she would never forget.