Allison

Allison was smiling weirdly at me, glancing at me every once in a while.

I raised an eyebrow at her behavior, but kept my eyes on my Chemistry book. "Is there something you want to tell me, Argent?" I asked, taking a glance at her.

She chuckled. "Scott's giving you this lost puppy look, and it's just adorable," she remarked, looking past me at Scott.

I jerked my head up just in time to see him blush and look away. A smile tugged at my lips, my cheeks turning pink.

Allison giggled, trying to hide her smile. "Okay, what's so funny? Really, tell me," I closed my textbook, crossing my arms.

The Argent shook her head. "You were just giving him the exact same look earlier," she said, biting her lip to hide her goofy grin.

I peeked at Scott through my hair, giggling when I saw that he, too, had a big, goofy smile on his face.

"Oh my God, did Sawyer Hale just laugh?!" Allison teased, looking around in awe.

I hid my smile with my hand. "God, Allison, I was just laughing," I whispered, feeling my cheeks heat up.

She nudged her shoulder against mine playfully, giving a giggle of her own. "C'mon, we're supposed to be studying," she scolded, but her tone didn't sound all that serious.

I grinned, rolling my eyes. "Well, that's not my fault," I told her, but looked back down at my textbook.

And then it dawned on me - I had just been smiling and laughing with Allison Argent.

Allison Argent had made me laugh.

My head snapped up, and I stared wide-eyed at her. I wasn't supposed to be her friend - one day, her father would tell her about werewolves, and then she'd try to kill me.

She'd probably cut me in half.

I stood, the chair screeching against the ground. I shoved my things into my backpack, trying to keep my breathing even.

Allison's eyes were wide as she watched. "Sawyer, you okay? You look kinda freaked out," she murmured.

I nodded, gulping. "I just, um... I have to go. Family thing. Um... I'll see you later," I added, mentally smacking myself. You shouldn't be talking to her! At all!

I darted towards the door, glancing at Scott. He was half-out of his chair, ready to follow me. I gave him a sad smile. "I just need to be alone," I whispered, knowing he could hear me.

Scott slowly sat back down, looking uncertain. I nodded at him. "I'll be okay."

And then I was gone.