F

I sat next to Scott in Chem, rubbing my palms nervously on my jeans. We were getting our tests back today, and I knew I hadn't done so well.

I was never a perfect student, but lately my grades had seemed to drop more than before. I was worse than Scott, and that was saying something.

I held my breath as Mr. Harris handed me my test, my eyes flitting to the big red 'F' on the top corner, and quickly flipped it over. "Thank you," I mumbled, my gaze downcast.

Annnnd I was failing Chemistry.

Scott got a D-, but that was better than an F.

"Dude," Stiles murmured. "You need to study more."

I shot him a glare as Scott huffed, his brow furrowing. I took Scott's hand in mine, squeezing gently. "We'll have a group study or something. You'll do better next time," I assured him, watching as he cheered up slightly.

"Yeah. Just you and me, though- no Allison, no Stiles, no Lydia," he grinned at me. I hid the smile on my face with my hand, remembering the make out session we had in his room.

My cheeks were no doubt a furious red color. "Just you and me," I promised, nodding.

+

"Sawyer, are you even listening?" Lydia demanded, snapping her fingers under my nose.

I looked up from my phone, eyes wide. "Um, sorry- I was, um... sorry. We're going over to Ally's, aren't we?" I asked, furrowing my brow.

Lydia sighed, patting my head in a patronizing way, like Laura would when I was younger. "Oh, Sawyer. You are going over to Allison's because I had to bail on her, and it's a good friend thing to do. Right, Allison?"

She looked to the Argent girl as I blinked, frowning slightly. "W-why am I going over to Allison's?" I asked, looking between the two girls.

Allison looked nervous. "You don't have to, I mean, Lydia wants you to, but you-" "No, no- I'll come over, I'm just confused as to why I'm coming over. I'm subbing for you?" I prompted the strawberry-blonde, raising my eyebrows.

Lydia crossed her arms. "Way to dumb it down, Hale. Way to dumb it down," she muttered.

Allison giggled, smiling at me. "You can just come home with me after school- oh! My aunt's visiting, so you get to meet her!" She exclaimed, grabbing my arm. "You will absolutely love my aunt! She's amazing- she'll love you, too, and my dad might..."

I stopped listening to her after she mentioned her aunt. Kate? Was she talking about Kate? Kate was her aunt?

Great.

"And maybe you and Allison could study some," Lydia was saying, tapping the test on top of my textbook.

My eyes widened as I flipped it over, frowning. "I-I, um, I'm good. I'm actually studying with Scott sometime this week," I added, a grin breaking out on my face.

Allison and Lydia exchanged a glance, matching smirks on their faces. "Just make sure he covers up," the strawberry-blonde chirped, winking.

I felt my brow furrow as I leaned back in my seat. What was that supposed to mean?

"She means make sure he uses a condom," Allison said, shrugging.

"Okay, one: that's disgusting. Two: Scott's not like that. And three? I doubt he even carries condoms," I held up my fingers as I spoke, thoroughly grossed out by my friends.

Lydia rolled her eyes. "He can just borrow one from Jackson," she quipped, shrugging delicately. "And studying never ends in actual studying. It's like getting in a hot tub- everyone eventually cops a feel," she said matter-of-factly.

I scowled. "Well, I've never been in a hot tub, and I don't think Scott's ever been in one, so he won't know basic hot tub etiquette. And what makes you think we'd have sex, anyway?" I snapped, crossing my arms.

Lydia and Allison shared a look before giggling uncontrollably.

I frowned, looking between the two. "I don't get it," I announced, my voice flat.

The Argent girl shook her head. "Of course you don't," she laughed, her brown eyes filled with amusement. "And what makes us think that is you kissing him at the bowling alley."

Lydia smirked. "Yeah, Jackson thinks he cheated," she said, shrugging again.

I made a face. "How the hell do you cheat at bowling?"

•••