Murder?

I watched as Sheriff Stilinski got out of his cruiser, his hand on the gun holstered at his waist.

"Derek Hale, you are under arrest for murder," he announced, the deputies and officers pulling up to the house.

Murder?

I couldn't move as my dad moved towards him, taking the handcuffs out of his pocket.

Derek glanced at me. "Go home, Sawyer," he ordered, his voice filled with authority.

I still couldn't move.

The sheriff cuffed Derek's hands behind his back, but my brother's gaze never left me. "Sawyer, go home," he repeated, his green eyes conveying a silent message.

I shook my head, looking beseechingly at Mr. Stilinski.

His gaze softened. "You should be at school, sweetheart," he told me, directing Derek to the backseat of the cruiser.

"Sawyer?" Tara Graeme, one of the deputies, asked, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Sweetheart, I know this is a shock for you, but we need to talk to you at the station, okay? We need to ask you about Derek."

An involuntary whimper left my lips, and Derek's head snapped in my direction. Tara was telling me to calm down, to take deep breaths, and all of that.

I could only watch as Derek dug his heels into the ground, not moving. He jerked his head at the trees, silently telling me to get out of there.

And then my gaze fell on a beat up Jeep.

A blue Jeep.

I narrowed my eyes at the pale, skinny boy I knew well, positive that he had something to do with this.

Derek wasn't a murderer.

I shrugged off Tara's hand, stalking toward Stiles with a dark expression.

He shifted from foot-to-foot as I came closer, not noticing me yet.

Scott did.

His eyes widened. "Sawyer-" Too late.

I gripped the front of Stiles's shirt, my fist slamming into his jaw. He yelled out in pain as I let go of him, instantly feeling guilty.

But I knew he deserved it.

"What the hell, Sawyer?!" Stiles demanded, his hand going to his face.

"Sawyer!" The sheriff jogged over, his face disbelieving. "Did you just... you don't hit your brother!" He scolded, looking between the two of us.

I scoffed, giving him an accusing glare. "This idiot just got my brother thrown in jail!" I snarled - thankfully, in a human way.

But I knew it was just a matter of time before it wasn't in a human way.

Stiles flinched, his caramel eyes filling with a hurt that made my heart skip a beat.

His jaw was already bruising.

Tears burned in my eyes as I realized what I had just done, looking down at my hand with a horrified expression.

"Stiles, I-" I gulped, looking to Scott. My best friend looked sad, and disappointed.

I shook my head, breaking into a sprint.

I could hear Sheriff Stilinski yelling after me, telling me to come back, but I didn't stop.

I'd just hurt Stiles.

And, even if he'd gotten Derek in jail, he didn't deserve that.

•••