RAW?!

"I don't remember what happened last night," Scott hissed to Stiles, having no idea that I could hear them.

Stiles shrugged from his table behind ours. "Well, as long as you didn't kill Sawyer? I'm good," he gave me a wan smile. I rolled my eyes, subconsciously lacing my fingers through Scott's.

He squeezed my hand, brow furrowed as he looked at Stiles. "But what if I hurt someone?" He asked.

Stiles sighed. "Maybe you caught a rabbit or something," he raised his eyebrows at me. I shrugged.

Scott looked confused. "And did what?" He asked, his brow furrowed as I absently traced my fingertips over his knuckles.

"Ate it," my brother said simply.

"RAW?!" Scott hissed, his eyes wide. I cast Stiles an annoyed look, putting a hand on Scott's shoulder. But before I could reassure him, my annoying brother opened his mouth again.

"No, you stopped to bake it in a little werewolf oven. How the hell am I supposed to know?" He snapped.

"Stilinski - McCall!"

I groaned as Mr. Harris (the bane of my existence) stood in front of Scott's and I's table, raising his eyebrows at my friends.

"If you classify that as a whisper, Mr. Stilinski, you might want to take out the headphones every once in a while," the teacher said, his voice filled with resentment. "I think you and McCall would benefit from a little space."

And then Stiles had to move seats.

Scott? Well, I pulled a puppy dog face and he got to stay next to me.

My best-friend-slash-sorta-obvious-crush sighed, resting his chin on his hand.

I smiled softly. "You didn't hurt anyone, Scott. That wasn't you," I told him, keeping my voice hushed.

Scott smiled back at me, his eyes filled with guilt. His fingers tightened around mine, and I could feel my cheeks dimpling. I had just opened my mouth to say something amazingly inspirational when the girl sitting next to Stiles yelled, "I think they found something!"

The whole class darted towards the window, Scott tugging me to stand next to Stiles.

I could see my dad standing off to the side as the EMTs wheeled a gurney towards the ambulance parked by the school.

The whole class jumped, my heart skipping a beat as the body on said gurney jumped up, thrashing around.

Stiles let out a sigh of relief. "Alright, this is good - he's not dead. Dead guys don't do that," my brother said, his voice firm. I gave him an exasperated look.

"Stiles," Scott breathed. "I did that."

+

I set my tray down next to Scott's, not saying anything as my brother and he bickered in low voices.

I was worried about that guy - the guy who had been attacked. I was positive it was the Alpha.

It had to have been - it couldn't have been Scott. Scott wouldn't have attacked some guy, werewolf or not.

I jumped when my cell phone vibrated in my pocket. I slid it out of my jeans, clicking on the text from Sheriff Stilinski.

Dad: I'm telling you this now, to keep Stiles out of trouble - the guy's name is Garrison Meyers, he's a bus driver for the school. He's at the hospital, and he's in pretty bad condition.

Garrison Meyers?

Why did that sound so familiar?

Sawyer: OK - know what did it?

"Hey, Hale!"

I snapped my phone closed as Allison sat next to me. I couldn't help but grin - the Argent had that effect on people. "Hey, Allison," I chirped, glancing at Stiles and Scott.

My brother's eyes widened as no other than Lydia Martin - his crush for 8 years - sat in front of me, right next to him. She gave me a winning smile, cocking her head slightly. "So I hear you and Allison are hanging out tomorrow night," she announced.

My eyes widened, and I heard Allison choke on her food slightly.

"Uh... I- I guess, if-if Allison said so," I nodded meekly, looking to the dark-haired girl sitting next to me. She looked like a deer in the headlights - well, she always looked doe-eyed, but this time it was more of a scared look.

"Well, I was thinking about what the four of us were going to do-" "The four of us?" I cut her off, finding my courage.

Lydia was beaming. She nodded, glancing at her tool of a boyfriend, who sat next to her with a glare. "Uh-huh, the four of us - me, you, Allison, and, of course, Jackson. I'm not staying home to watch lacrosse videos, so I was thinking about what we were going to do. I thought about ice skating, or the movies - oh, bowling! You love bowling!" she gushed, lightly swatting Jackson's shoulder.

I had never heard someone say so much in such little time. I gripped Scott's hand under the table, looking to him with a fearful expression.

His brown eyes softened, and he gave me a big smile, leaning forward to sneak a kiss on my cheek as Jackson said something that I really didn't care about.

A small smile graced my lips as I blushed, still looking into Scott's eyes. My heartbeat had steadied to a reasonable pace, and I felt like I had just avoided a crisis.

"So - bowling?" Allison asked, elbowing me in the ribs.

I swore under my breath, rubbing the spot with a scowl. "Uh, what about bowling?" I asked, giving Allison a frown.

She chuckled, looking knowingly at me. "Lydia wants us to go bowling - Scott, you should come. Ooh, and bring Stiles!" The dark-haired girl chirped. "We can pair up!"

All I'm going to say is that choking on a air is a thing.

"Uh... p-pair up? Like, Lydia and Jackson, and me and Scott, and you and Stiles?" I asked, my voice incredulous.

My brother scowls. "I resent that," he said, crossing his arms. I rolled my eyes, snorting. "You know what I mean - Allison's Allison, and you're..." I waved my hand at him, wrinkling my nose. "You're you."

Allison elbowed me again. "Sawyer, that's mean," she whispered, raising her eyebrows. My eyes widened in indignation. "You're siding with him on this? No fair!" I hissed, glancing at Scott. "You're on my side, right?"

Scott's eyes widened as he looked between me, Allison, and Stiles. "Uh... sorta?" He tried, glancing at my brother.

I grinned, pressing my lips to his cheek in a quick kiss.

When I pulled back, he was grinning goofily. "What was that for?" He asked, his brown eyes filled with... with an emotion I couldn't name, but I was sure was mirrored in mine.

I shrugged, hiding my smile behind my hand.

"Just 'cause."

•••