XI

2 months have passed. The King is letting them marry in a week.

Mingyu nearly went to Seungcheol to strangle him but he held himself back when he announced it.

Hansol and Y/N looks at each other with broken eyes.

"We have 6 days to think about our choices. I'm so weak to even stand up for myself." Hansol annoyingly ruffles his hair and pulls on it.

"I made a choice already. I'm happy with it but it will destroy my Father." Y/N covers her face with her hands and cries. " Mingyu needed time to let himself breathe and I need him here." She sobs. Hansol looks at her.

"Am I permitted to hug you?" She nods hesitantly. Once his arms are around her her, all she could think of was Mingyu. His arms were just as strong and warm.

"Stop crying now. I know it's hard. It really really is. What can we do?" He sniffles as he starts to cry, she hugs him as well.

"Can we really not choose our own happiness this time? I mean.. It just happened. And it happens only once in a while."

°
"Gyu, I have something to tell you." She happily announced.

"I have something to tell you." He says at the same time.

"Oh, how nice! You go ahead first." She smiles widely.

"No, you go first-"

"Okay, how about we just say it together?"

"Sounds good to me."

"I'll be off to war. Northern Ezren is attacked by Anaxis. We need all the troops we have. I don't know how long I'll return or if I'll ever come back." Mingyu doesn't look at her as he speaks.

"You're going to be a-" She halts herself mid-sentence as he finishes his words quickly.

"Wait what- That's it?" She could feel her eyes water. He sighs.

"I think we should end this, Your Highness." She stops breathing.

"W-what did you say?"

"I think I made a mistake with this choice I made. I made a mistake of asking you to be mine. We knew in the beginning that we weren't for each other. I am not in your league-" She slaps him. His tears don't stop with hers.

"Wow. Just wow." She laughs dryly and doesn't face him. "Go to war. Do whatever you like. I won't bother anymore."

He muffles his tears as he leaves her quarters. I hope I made the right decision, My Love. I'm sorry...

°

"Alistair. Why aren't you eating?" Seungcheol speaks. They look at her.

"Unnie, are you okay?" Sofia asks from beside her softly.

"I'm sorry, Father. I have no appetite. Excuse me. I have to go." She gets out of her chair and bows her head.

"Y/N-" She ignores Jihoon call for her.

"Excuse me." Hansol stands up and goes after her.

°

"Y/N- Y/N wait.." Hansol tugs on her arm. She halts but doesn't look at him.
"What's wrong? Did something happen between you and Mingyu? Where is he?"

"Mingyu is done with us. He's off to war." She answers plainly and he stops talking. "Can I go now? I answered your question right?"

She doesn't let him speak and just walks towards her quarters. He could see her muffle her tears with one hand as she ducks her head.

"Oh no.. Why?" He whispers to himself. Not really finding the energy to go back to the Dining Hall to face their families again.

He walks to his room instead.