XXIV

Mingyu ran back from the woods to the cabins. Finally finding his friend.

"Mingyu, where have you been?" Seokmin looks at him, they live in a wood cabin village, only 26 people reside.

"Where have you been? I was looking everywhere for you!" His brows furrow. The confused male just looked at his friend who raged inside his cabin.

"What's up with him?" Seungkwan comes to his cousin. Seokmin only shrugs.

"He said he was looking everywhere for me. I stayed in my cabins asleep." Seungkwan just chuckles and shakes his head.

"Hi, where is Mingyu?" They look at a soft-spoken girl. Her doe eyes staring at them softly. Her figure was small and she had straight shoulder length hair.

"Inside." Seokmin smiles at her and points at the closed door with his lips.

"Thank you." They just smile while she heads over to his cabin.

"Audrey's so nice. Mingyu is lucky to have her. Why hasn't he answered her yet?" Seungkwan looks at the girl who cheerfully and kindly smiled at the other people who passed by her.

°

"Mingyu?" Since the door wasn't locked, she let herself in. She looks up where his bed is located. She sees a lump under the blanket and climbs the wooden stairs.

"What do you want, Audrey?" His voice was low and screams don't disturb me. "Can't you see I'm not in the mood right now?"

"You're always not in the mood in my presence, Gyu. What did I do wrong?" Her voice was so soft as if she was talking to a child that it annoyed him.

He sits up angrily and whips his head at her with an angry glare that scared the poor girl.

"Why me?! Huh? Look, Audrey." He closes his eyes in attempt to calm himself down while running his hand to his hair. "You know I can't reciprocate your feelings for you! It's been 3 years! Okay?! Stop doing this-- stop- stop coming after me to get me to love you because I won't!" He looks away from her when she cries. Still not halting the glare.

"-look, Seokmin is a much more better candidate than me. He's more worth your heart than I am-" He halts in shock when she slaps him.

"You must think I'm a joke because I love you. You must think that all of this is a joke. Well, I'm sorry if my stupid heart chose you instead of Seokmin." She wipes her tears and her shoulders shook. "But please, could you tell me the reason why I can't come to your heart-"

"Y/N! Y/N Alistair Choi!" His eyes widened when an unknown urge came over to him to say that name and he just did.

"Even her name sounds beautiful. I don't know who she is but... I hope she treats you well."

She runs outside and met face to face with Seokmin who was about to knock on his door. His eyes widened.

"Audrey-"

"Leave me alone, Seokmin. I don't want to see anyone. Don't talk to me. Please." Mingyu throws himself back to bed and covers his entire body with his blanket.