I

Ezreneth Castle; Beginning

"Congratulations, Your Majesty! Her Majesty, the Queen has given birth to a beautiful Princess!" The Imperial Physician smiled proudly.

The King watches his 5th child, and first Princess be carried and handled with such care.

"What shall we name the Young Princess?" The Kind King asks his Queen.

"What name suits her best?" She answers weakly. Looking at the child in her arms that inherited the King's gentle doe eyes.

"Y/N..." The King voiced out the thought his mind kept on screaming.

"Y/N.. my beautiful darling." The Queen kissed her daughter's forehead weakly and her eyes started to flutter close.

"Elizabeth? Elizabeth! Wake up!" The King shakes his wife gently seeing as she does not respond to his calls any longer. He puts a finger over her nostrils and his breath hitches.

She wasn't breathing.

"Soonyoung! Wonwoo!" Little footsteps echoed the hall and the door burst open. It revealed the young Crown Prince Hoshi who's currently 8 years old, along with the 2nd Prince Wonwoo, aged 7.

"Yes, Father?" The King was crying as he carefully teaches the Crown Prince how to hold his younger sister.

"Look after your sister for a while. Go to the Hall and call your other brothers."

°

"Hoshi, what's going on?" Little Wonwoo mumbles as he clutches his brother's silver robes tightly in his small hands.

"I don't know.. But go ahead and call Woozi and Chan." The elder boy looks at Wonwoo and the younger Prince nods. "I'll wait in the main Hall."

He trudges with little paces towards the Main Hall, careful with his younger sister. The guards bowed down to him and opened the door.

"You're so tiny, Y/N.." Hoshi giggles as he lays down the tiny sleeping baby in the soft mattress he found.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" He looks at the door to see his brothers are complete.

Jihoon, the 3rd Prince. He's 6. And Chan, the 4th Prince. He's 5.

"I don't know what's going on. But we got a new sister!" Wonwoo answers for Hoshi and they excitedly run over to the eldest.

"Shh! Tone it down! She's sleeping!" Hoshi glared at his brothers and they apologized, walking calmly now.

°

"Ezren shall fall upon the 10 days of mourning, to grieve the loss of the late Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth!" The town grew quiet after hearing the announcements.

"No one shall miss a day of mourning and paying their respects to the temple otherwise, you will be punished! The Decree has arrived that whoever dares to disobey the words of the King, will be beheaded and his remains shall be fed to the wolves!"

°

The King was not in the right state of mind. Who would be? Losing your most beloved person in your arms.

Will that keep you sane?

"Father, it's Hoshi. Can I come in?" He looks at his door.

"Come in, son." Hoshi carefully opens the door and gently closes it.

"I know, Mother is gone..." He starts, looking down at his small trembling hands. "But we need you. Me, Wonu, Woozi, Chan and Y/N."

The King looks at his son with teary eyes.

"–Our country, Ezren.. Needs the King. And we, your children need a Father. It is hard.. For me as well. Jihoon and Chan won't stop crying for Mom. Me and Wonwoo tried our best, to keep them in line. Now they have fallen asleep with tears." Now, little droplets of tears fall down from his eyes.

"–I can't shoulder everything, Father. And so can you.. I am the Crown Prince of Ezren. I should do with all of my best to help you lessen the burdens that you carry on your shoulder. Ezreneth people needs us, the Imperial Family."

"–we are grieving for Mother, so is the country. We are the pillars of the nation so we should be strong... We have to keep going, Father."

The King could only cry. He brings his son to his arms and Hoshi cries. How his words are so true despite being only an 8 year old. 

"I have raised you well, haven't I?" The King looks at Hoshi with a gentle smile. The young boy nods and wipes the tears from his Father's eyes.

"You are right, son. You and I can't shoulder everything, so we share the burden." The King became a monarch ruler at the age of 12, and became a Father of Hoshi at 18. 

Despite being a King at 26, he's doing pretty well. Ezren is stable and is at peace with most countries. The King is young, Ezren will continue to shine with 5 bright rulers in the future.

°

4 years have passed.

King Seungcheol continued on without a Queen. His trusted guards Jeonghan, Joshua and Junhui helped with the country's minor and major problems. They are more like brothers than King and Servant.

Hoshi grew more mature and intelligent as he grew older. Wonwoo grew interested in books and History. Woozi was more drawn into Musical Instruments, and Chan was more into dancing.

But, they do help with the Princely Duties like they should.
Y/N, well.. The Youngest Princess developed all the habits of her brothers. And, the late Queen's feisty-ness, stubbornness and the King's quick-thinking, sharp-witted mind.

"Daddy!" The Little Princess ran along the long hallway with happy giggles. Her brothers behind her, trying to chase her as they played. 

"My Princess, please slow down!" Her maid said worriedly. The Princess was sickly and Seungcheol treasured her so much, if anything happens to her, he'd go on a killing spree despite his Reputation as the Kind King.

"Y/N!" Hoshi calls and laughs. "Come here you little fox!" He catches her just in time before she trips on her own shoes. Wonwoo and Jihoon breathes out the air they didn't even know they were holding in.

Everyone held their breath, if Hoshi hadn't caught her. Damn.. King would be mad.

"Where's Daddy?" She embraces her brother and asks her 2nd brother as they walk slowly. Wonwoo looks at her and thinks.

"I haven't seen him this morning. Maybe he's out in the fields for archery."

"Can we go out? To Daddy?" She looks at Jihoon, they stilled. 

"Y/N... You know you can't go outside, right?" Jihoon speaks softly, taking the small hands of his sister into his own.

"I know.. I just want Daddy here. He didn't play with us this week. I miss him." She pouts and buries her small face in Hoshi's neck where she started sobbing.

"I'm so sorry... Father will be back soon. Hm? Stop crying now." Chan ruffles her hair.

°current ages°

Seungcheol to Jun: 30
Hoshi- 12
Wonwoo- 11
Jihoon- 10
Chan- 9
Y/N- 4

°Seungcheol's Age when he became a Father to:°
Hoshi-18
Wonwoo-19
Jihoon-20
Chan-21
Y/N-25

Thanks for reading my story!
Carathae~ Seranghae~💎❤

𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝: 𝟏𝟒𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐚𝐲, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐𝐧𝐝
2nd Edition: 26th of May, 2023rd

Damn, that was a pretty good start. Good job me!