37

i tug my dress down my thighs, adjusting it around my body before swiping my lipgloss over my lips, gazing at my reflection in the mirror. i cock my head, still trying to make sure the dress is securely in the right place on my body. excitement overwhelms me for tonight, going into the new year with someone i never expected to be with, but have no regrets about it at all and i feel grateful for the way this year has turned out. perching on the edge of my bed, i fasten my heels around my feet, pulling my body up as i catch my balance, grabbing everything i need before heading to cal and harry's.

i approach their front door, cal opening it and instantly bringing me into his embrace, "ayyyy, eden!" he yells excitedly, spinning around whilst squeezing me tightly, "you alright?" he questions, both of us walking into the kitchen.

"yeah, i'm good, you?"

"yeah." he grins as i follow his lead, greeting everyone else who is already gathered around the flat, "hey guys!" i exclaim, walking over to ethan and harry, gazing up at simon.

"eden!" ethan grins, bringing me into a hug and i quickly turn to harry to bring him into my embrace, "you alright?"

"mhm." i nod, feeling simon's hand rest against the small of my back, "how are you guys?"

"yeah not bad, excited for tonight." harry nods.

"yeah, same." ethan agree's, both of them taking a sip of their drinks.

"well," i point towards the kitchen, "i'm gonna grab a drink." i smile softly, my shoes clattering against the floor beneath me as simon follows behind, "you okay?" i hum, twisting the cap off the bottle of vodka, pouring some into a cup.

"yeah, yeah," he nods, "are you?"

"i'm good." i pour some lemonade into the cup, resting the side of my body into the counter and folding one arm across my chest, "you sure about telling the fans tomorrow?"

"yeah, course i am." his eyes flicker up and down my body, "you look really good by the way." he smirks, taking a sip of his drink.

"thanks, not too bad yourself." winking, i giggle to myself and pull his hand towards everyone else. "can't believe it's new year." i raise my eyebrows, glancing at freya and gee whilst simon speaks to josh beside me.

"i know!" she shakes her head, "this year's been mad."

"tell me about it!" i laugh, "i think me and si are thinking about posting about our relationship tomorrow." i whisper to the two girls in front of me.

"really?" gee exclaims.

"mhm," i turn to look at him, then turn back to the two girls, "is it too soon or what? like do you think it'll be okay?"

"yeah, of course." gee nods, placing her hand on mine.

"i don't see why not," freya shrugs her shoulders, "if you both want to."

"yeah we do," i inhale deeply, spinning to tap simon's arm, "come get a photo together." i grin up at him, gesturing towards the decorations that have been put up. he nods in agreement, softly smiling down at me as i hand my phone to josh. simon wraps an arm around me, placing it on my back as we both smile which then turns into a few jokey photos, a few of me wrapping my leg around the front of his body and a few of us making some not so serious faces.

"i like that one." simon points to a photo of my leg wrapped around his body. giggling, i gaze up at him before he presses a kiss onto my lips, "i want to post that one." he nods with confidence.

"i'll send you them." i quickly find his contact, sending him all the photo's as he feels his phone vibrate in his pocket.

"i love you." he leans down, whispering in my ear.