34

i awake to a raging hangover, the sickness feeling instantly hitting me and my head pounding. glancing next to me, simon is curled beneath the duvet, still fast asleep. i weakly pull my arm out to grab my phone, glancing at a lot more notifications than i usually get. pulling my body up slightly more, i rest against the headboard, squinting at my phone with furrowed eyebrows.

from frey x
have you seen what's happened?
eden!
please wake up

from ethan
are you awake yet?!

from harry
cal is really sorry
he didn't realise

from cal
i'm so sorry
i didn't realise
i deleted the story as soon as i realised

"what the fuck?" i whisper to myself, now opening our groupchat.

the gang
lux: 'image attached' everyone's going crazy
cal: omg i didn't realise, i feel bad
tobi: they won't be mad
gee: :/ it's shit but it is what it is, cant turn back
frey: i think they're still asleep
cal: i actually didn't even realise

my heart sinks to my stomach when i quickly realise what's going on.

the gang
eden: what the fuck is going on?

no one replies for sometime, then suddenly everyone begins to type at once, but only cal explains what happened.

the gang
cal: well, i posted an instagram story last night of everyone dancing and you and simon may have been really close in the background
cal: i'm so sorry i didn't notice i deleted it as soon as i did but it was too late
harry: honestly he's really sorry
eden: fantastic

i close whatsapp, firstly turning to twitter, noticing my mentions full of screenshots taken from cal's story. i let out a frustrated groan, then going to instagram, only to find my tagged photos containing the same screenshot, simon's probably the same. "you okay?" simon coo's, wiping his eyes.

"you might wanna check your phone." i sigh, still staring at my phone. he glares at me with a puzzled expression, "just do it."

"okay, okay." he huffs, reaching out for his phone and it only takes him a couple of seconds to realise what has happened as he slowly lifts his head to look at me, "shit."

"mhm." i mutter, slowly pulling my body back down beneath the covers, trying to hide away from everything or wake myself up from what feels like a nightmare.

"are you okay?" he sighs, instantly pulling me into his embrace.

"i'm fine."

"well, you're not." he strokes my shoulder with his thumb, "how many times do i have to tell you that you're a bad liar?" i ignore him, still scrolling through my phone, analysing every word and comment made.

'simon can do better than her'
'looks like a publicity stunt, these two hate each other'
'swear she had something with calfreezy, those two have insane chemistry'
'hahaha, cal and harry's sloppy seconds'
'they might just be friends now?'

"stop." simon snatches my phone from my finger tips and i stare at him with a look of despair, "you're gonna make yourself feel worse."

"i can't escape it now." i exhale, laying my head onto his chest, "this isn't what i call taking things slow." i mumble into his skin.