30

a grey blanket drapes over my body, snuggled into the corner of the sofa as i gaze up at the tv, struggling to keep myself awake, my eyes falling heavy every so often when i try to pay attention to the movie in front of me. "when do you reckon the boys will be home?" freya questions.

"no idea," i slowly turn my head to face her, "what time is it now?"

"12am." she glances down at her phone.

"hmm," i shrug my shoulders, "maybe soon. i'm pretty sure i'm not seeing simon tonight anyways." i softly smile at her. some of the boys decided to go out for a few drinks, leaving freya and i bored so we decided to have a takeaway and movie night. even though i'm not seeing simon tonight, it feels weird not having someone keep me company as often as he does, so i asked freya if i could come round.

"when do you think you'll make it official?" freya smirks at me, expecting me to know the answer.

"oh, god knows." i giggle, "i mean, we haven't been seeing each other like seriously for very long, only for like a month now and we've been on one more date since we went out with you and josh."

"oh yeah, how did that go?"

"really well," i nod eagerly, "we went out for drinks and some food, nothing major, but it was nice for us to get out and do something together, just me and him."

"it still surprises me now, but i think you guys really suit each other. i really like you both together, i knew you guys would get along. i saw so many similarities in you both." she rests her head into the cushions behind her, gazing at me.

"really?" i raise my eyebrows, grinning from ear to ear.

"a hundred percent," she nods confidently, "i love seeing you guys together."

"aw, frey." my cheeks burn red from her comment, unable to let the smile on my lips fade away, "think we're waiting for the right time to make it official, we're comfortable where we are at the moment." i hold the fluffy blanket close to me, turning my attention back to the tv. suddenly, my phone begins buzzing on the arm of the sofa and i quickly glance down at it, "josh is ringing me." i furrow my eyebrows, turning to freya.

"oh, answer it." she stares at me with a puzzled expression. i quickly accept the call, putting him on speaker.

"hello?" i take a deep breath in.

"hello, eden?" josh raises his voice down the phone.

"is everything okay?" i ask.

"erm," he clears his throat, "well, simon is very drunk." josh sighs and i instantly turn to freya again, "and he's asking for you."

"aww." freya coo's, pulling out her bottom lip, "cute." she whispers. i instantly narrow my eyes, shaking my head at her.

"okay, well? what am i meant to do?" i sigh, knowing what i'm about to be asked.

"can you, erm, come get him or something." josh huffs, "it's fine if not, but i think he needs to go home or something and he really wants to see you, but i can put him in a taxi if not."

"no," i exhale, "i'll get him." i turn to freya, rolling my eyes, "send me your location, i shouldn't be too long, but i'm going to have to park somewhere and i'll walk to get him."

"yeah, thanks, i'll see you soon." josh ends the call and i bring my hands to my face, letting out a frustrated groan.

"it's like taking care of a child sometimes." i giggle, turning to freya, "you wouldn't think he was older than me." pulling the blanket off my body, i stand up and throw my jacket on. "well, it's been nice seeing you."