38

the rest of the night felt like a blur as i struggle to string the foggy memories into some sort of timeline. my head feels sore and a pit forms in my stomach, laying under simon's embrace in the comfort of his bed, light snores falling from his lips as i take in deep breaths. i somewhat recall playing another game of beer pong and once again winning, consuming many shots with harry and cal, simon also deciding to join in on the fun and him ending up just as waved as i was, both of us struggling to make it inside the flat, needing some help from jj and i'm certain we fell over a few times.

wiping the sleep away from around my eyes, i stretch my body out beneath the covers and reach for my phone beside me. this is a typical occurrence for simon and i's mornings, me usually waking up before him and waiting impatiently for him to wake up.

"morning." he groans, his voice raspy as he pulls me in closer.

"morning." i hum, running my finger tips along his arm, "you okay?"

"hungover, you?"

"me too." sighing, i snuggle into him, "can't believe it's the new year." i whisper against his skin.

"mhm, me neither." simon sighs, his energy appearing off as he weakly holds me beneath him.

"what's wrong?" i question, slowly moving to look up at him.

"nothing," he shakes his head, gazing down at me, "why?"

"just seem off." shrugging my shoulders, i move my head to lay back down on his chest, his fingers grazing across my skin.

"well," he clears his throat, "i'm just really lucky to have you and -"

"are you still drunk?" i smirk, facing him again.

he softly chuckles, shaking his head, "no, no, i'm serious ede. i'm genuinely so happy with you, i don't think i could ever lose you."

"aw," gazing at him with puppy dog eyes, i take a deep breath in, "you're not gonna lose me, i've honestly never had a connection like this with anyone before, it's crazy."

"it's just that," he exhales, "we've not even been together for that long and i'm already concerned about us breaking up."

"well," i caress his cheek, "i don't see that happening at all." i shrug my shoulders, "i could never lose you and i guess that just shows, i don't know, that we love each other."

"ew!" he mocks, scrunching up his nose, "let's stop being soppy." he laughs, moving his hands to tickle my waist and i instantly fall into fits of giggles.

"stop it, stop it!" i cry out, unable to hold back the laughter, "i hate you sometimes." tears begin streaming from my eyes.

he slowly pulls back, hovering over me, "yeah, i hate you too." he smirks, pulling his face down to meet my own. pressing kisses along my jawline, i snake my arms around his neck, running my fingers through his hair, "i'm starving." he hum's against my skin.

"great way to ruin the moment." i giggle and he pulls back to stare down at me.

"what? i am!" he complains, "i need food."

"well, i really don't feel like making us anything." i pull my body up against the headboard, simon doing the same, "so just order something."

we order ourselves some food, deciding to lay in bed to eat it to try and overcome our raging hangovers after last nights events. "might stream later." simon slowly turns his attention away from the tv to look at me.

"okay." i nod my head in response, "you do that."

"and i want you to come on stream with me."

"what?" i furrow my eyebrows, "i thought we were just gonna do an instagram post?"