27

pulling my doc martens over my feet, i let out a sigh as i gaze at my own appearance in the mirror. josh, freya, simon and i all decided on going out for food and drinks tonight and as time ticks on, my nerves instantly arise when i realise i need to set off in 5 minutes. i adjust the hem of my dress, tugging it down my thighs before haphazardly throwing my jacket over my shoulders and gathering my things, stomping through my flat to make sure i have everything, booking an uber to stop at simon's first then to the restaurant.

my leg anxiously bounces up and down, my bag resting on my lap. simon hops into the uber, sitting beside me and i grin up at him, "you alright?" he smiles softly.

"mhm." i respond, my heart racing. i never thought, in a million years, simon and i would be going on a date, even if it is with freya and josh, it is still classed as a 'date' and i can't tell if that sparks nerves or excitement inside me.

"you don't seem it." he leans across to press his palm firmly down on my leg.

"sorry." i clear my throat, now trying to keep my restless legs still. my eyes flicker up and down his body, "you look nice." i smile.

"wow," he raises his eyebrows, "is that eden complimenting me?" he presses a hand to his heart, "i'm touched." he smirks.

"shut up." i scoff, shaking my head.

"nah, nah." he chuckles, "don't look too bad yourself." he winks, shrugging his shoulders.

"hmm, that's nice of you for a change." a cocky smirk forms across my lips as i rest my head against the window of the taxi, just waiting to arrive.

we finally pull up outside of the restaurant, both of us thanking the driver and hopping out, noticing we now have to stand and wait for freya and josh. he wraps an arm around my shoulder, rubbing it softly as a shiver from the breeze, "shouldn't have worn a dress." he mutters, looking down at me.

"shut up, i'm looking nice for you." i gaze up at him, his blue eyes appearing bright in the daylight.

"eden, i've seen you in some right states," he chuckles, "and i still like you."

"yeah, but it's our first date," i make air quotes, mocking freya and josh who called it that, "just trying to look good." i sigh, snuggling into him.

"you do look good, i'm just saying you could've come today in a pyjamas and i wouldn't have cared." he shrugs.

"you're so into me." i mumble, bringing my face up to meet his.

"shut up!" he shakes his head, furrowing his eyebrows, "you like me too!" he exclaims, not sounding so hopeful.

"i do, i do. i'm just saying, you simp over me hard." i wink.

"i do not!" he cries out, now making eye contact with one another, "so annoying." he mutters, trying not to smile right now, but only failing.

"hmm, whatever." a smug expression forms across my face as i pull my body up to press a kiss against his lips.

"you guys look like a couple already!" josh exclaims, wrapping an arm around simon's shoulder. i instantly pull away from simon, awkwardly brushing down the front of my dress and slightly embarrassed as freya beams at me.

"you okay?" she brings me into a hug.

"yeah, not bad." i hum into her ear, "are you?" i pull away, smiling at her.

"yeah, i'm good." the four of us walk into the restaurant, being seated at our reserved table. simon and josh sit together, freya and i sat opposite them and i instantly order a cocktail to calm the nerves. "this feels weird." i sigh, glancing around the restaurant which instantly feels romantic, a word i thought i would never associate with simon and i.